Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kazza Lite Going Independant

Poster
    gee wouldnt it be easier to forget KLite, start from scratch to make a whole new program not related to kazaa, then program it to work with the fasttrack, bittorrent, and eMule/eDonkey networks?? (maybe even DC and IRC) and make it swichable to pick what you want to search for. plus kazaa dont own the fasttrack network (iMesh uses it, and guenella used to also) just do a complete overhaul make it better than ever and give it a cool name (hey its possible, just need a programmer and some patience! also it can make you rich if you put it on download.com and shit&#33 how does that sound???

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Is a "network" such as FastTrack copyrighted? I would think that it is intangible, just a way of communicating (well, a way of communicating for PCs) and you can't copyright communication. You can copyright software, but can you actually copyright social intercourse?

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Poster
    Originally posted by Alex H@11 December 2003 - 22:24
    Is a "network" such as FastTrack copyrighted? I would think that it is intangible, just a way of communicating (well, a way of communicating for PCs) and you can't copyright communication. You can copyright software, but can you actually copyright social intercourse?
    The network is PROPRIETARY.
    You cannot interface with it without violating copyrights.
    (Reason being is you need 'illegal information' to interface with it properly.)

So in short, fasttrack SUCKS.

We really should be trying to merge with a good-but-possibly-small file sharing network.
    The case may be that we either don't make any new programs (and just use what's already out there) or only make add-ons for existing programs.

Reinventing the wheel and spreading ourselves thin is EXACTLY what the RIAA wants us to do -- scatter like dust in the wind.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    About this guys... We make our own... P2P programs and all of us... 3 million users using it will be all supernodes and no copyrights making our own servers.... etc etc...? If you can make KL wont you make another product? but different servers, not using sharmens.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    I think Shareaza has the right idea going. With one application you connect to Gnutella2 eDonkey and Gnutella1 networks with individual contrall over each. It has a simple and easy interface, and the GUI is pleasing and skinnable. I just downloaded it today, but so far Im VERY IMPRESSED! I would LOVE a program that can take it to the next level and connect to even MOORE networks simutaniously.

As to K++ ~~~~ EVERYONE enable function as a supernode ~~~~~~ please! Aparantly we can create our own sub~network so WTF not! I am boycotting anyother fastrack client myself I recommend everyone else do the same. What they dont realize is all the people using K++ are also the ones theY WANT on their network because we share files and bandwidth..... at least the users I know. What poor timing on their part anyway with the whole RIAA scare the only pple that SHOULD share files on their network are thouse of us intelligent enough to find ways around such problems e.g. IP Blocker.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Poster
    Originally posted by Colbalt-Blue@12 December 2003 - 03:44
    [color=blue]I think Shareaza has the right idea going.  With one application you connect to Gnutella2 eDonkey and Gnutella1 networks with individual contrall over each.  It has a simple and easy interface, and the GUI is pleasing and skinnable.  I just downloaded it today, but so far Im VERY IMPRESSED!  I would LOVE a program that can take it to the next level and connect to even MOORE networks simutaniously.
    If more people used Shareaza and made good recommendations for how the program needs to be changed, then it would get better -- possibly quickly.

Shareaza has a decent message board (although this one is better B) ) so we could join forces with older Shareaza users and soon 'encourage' Shareaza's programmer/s to do things to help us (and themselves) out.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    bob_the_alien's Avatar Bob The Alien
    Hmmm, guess I'm behind, didn't even know anything about Klite being taken down. Been busy with finals and work, just decided to check out edeskies and doa2.host.sk, for anything new and klite was gone.

Some of you have mentioned that all klite users are being banned from fasttrack, I don't see this, I can still log on using klite.

Ahh well, I quit using Kazaa a long time ago, bittorent is the way to go now.
    "Where did he go, George, Where did he go?"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12