Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cablenut And Other Network Enhancement Tools

LOL you are the most clueless person I have ever met, you are a true idiot savant LOL. Ezulu was NEVER bundled in with CableNut - PERIOD!.

It's it quite obvious you have never read the Microsoft Windows 2000 TCP/IP White Papers, because you are TRULY showing your ignorance on the subject. Please explain why you must use a value of 64240 or less?

According to Microsoft you can use a value over 1,000,000 if you so choose to.

TcpWindowSize - This parameter determines the maximum TCP receive window size offered by the system. The receive window specifies the number of bytes a sender may transmit without receiving an acknowledgment. In general, larger receive windows will improve performance over high (delay * bandwidth ) networks. For highest efficiency, the receive window should be an even multiple of the TCP Maximum Segment Size (MSS).

Value Type: REG_DWORD—number of bytes

Valid Range: 0–0x3FFFFFFF

I will school you ALL day long on this subject and it's obvious you are quite ignorant of the facts.

ALL of the values in CableNut are decribed in the TCP/IP White Papers, they are ALL legit and do effect your connection in many ways. There are A LOT more registry entries than just your TcpWindowSize that effect your connection. I suggest YOU get your facts straight and do some reading before you make MORE of an ass of yourself.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Poster
    It's Obvious to me that you may have read the white paper but you prefer ignorance to reason.

maximum size of 64 KB unless a window scaling option (RFC 1323) is in effect.
    Is there a window scaling option in effect? Probably not if you've only changed this one value.
    I did say here's a tip.

I have to wonder why you'd need a program at all if you understand any of this. Your connection or your system must be right crap.
    I hope you don't seriously think you'll get a 1 gig window

And you are the authority on what I've downloaded from cnet or anywhere else? Ok then, You must be pretty special.

You need a life and a touch of reality. Defending programs on the internet with this kind of personal venom is indicative of some serious developmental problems. Get some help.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    The reason I defend CableNut is because I personally know the guys who wrote it and I know for a fact that it has never and will never contain any type of spyware, malware etc.

I can't stand to see some make blatant false statements about something, especially a program that I know was worked VERY hard on with A LOT of research. Do you know that the CableNut Team found innaccuracies in the TCP/IP White Papers and they were revised because of their findings?

You made the statement "Note You must use a value that is less than 64240", you never mentioned Windows Scaling in your first post, all you said in bold print was the value must be 64240 or smaller. Which is not true.

I would never use or recommend a value of 1,000,000 I was just pointing out the facts, what the valid range for the parameter is.

You still haven't answered my first question "Please explain how it f&%#$ up your registry????" Please don't avoid the topic and back up what you say, I can back up anything I say with facts.

If you don't like CableNut or any other program that is your choice, just don't use it. If you prefer to manually edit your registry that is your choice as well. But not liking a program and making false statements about it are two different things. Most computer users aren't knowledgeable enough to know what DWORD value, hexidecimal or decimal, to put in their registry to make their TcpWindowSize (or other values) what they want. CableNut just gives you an easy interface to do so, it even gives you the option of backing up your registry.

So in the future YOU need to have YOUR facts straight before "lipping off"

FYI CableNut was not FIRST offered by CNET, it has always and always will be available from DSLnuts.

:rtfaq:

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    gotter7777
    Me thinks sleep will help both of you. Great read I had a good time.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    I am not an expert like you guys
    but i did the cablenut tweaks
    and my internet speed went way up
    (sorry dont have the figures to proove it to you now but may post later)

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    nice post yall keep it up

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Monkeyboy24's Avatar n00b
    Hey! I tried the cablenut program and it works like a charm! My computer has been slow lately and i have cable! its crazy but my speed went way up! Take my word and try cablenut! The best part is that its free, plus no adwares!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12