Thread: Soulseek Transfer Window Setup

Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4

here is a pic of a transfer window. the bits highlighted in red are the setting i advise for a 512 adsl connection. you are advised to set the max download speed to 80-90% of your max, but 0 seems to work for me fine. also depending on your connection your upload speed will generally vary. it is advised for 56kers to set uploads to 1 or 2, in this example it is set to 2 simply because there are 2 users downloading. the pc this ss is taken from limits its upload speed to 20kbs due to assymetric dsl where should the upload speed go above a certain limit the download suffers. i feel 20k is a fair amount. the green highlighting is to show the rooms, if the klf room is not visable after sorting then rightclick here and refresh rooms, or right click add room and enter this case sensitive.
    "KLF MusicWorld"
    the blue bit is your user list, most users in klf share list only, asking politely will usually result in them adding you to their lists. please adhere to the guidlines in the pinned before coming here though. and happy sharing.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Jayhawk's Avatar Rock Chalk Jayhawk BT Rep: +5
    just a little note to go with this. When you set your upload limit to lets say 20 and 2 uploads at a time that means that each of them dont get 20kbps of upload speed its a combination so they usually average out unless you have someone who is on dialup or something who only d/ls at like 3 or 4 kbps then the other user would get 16 or 17.

i think thats about it hope that made sense

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    0 is the default.You give people the most Bandwith you can.People always ask how can you upload so fast or tell me great Speed.

It is not that.I just have it set to 0.Do not leech your Bandwith.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@9 December 2003 - 23:35
    0 is the default.You give people the most Bandwith you can.People always ask how can you upload so fast or tell me great Speed.

It is not that.I just have it set to 0.Do not leech your Bandwith.
    why did i knew you were gonna reply to this one :pirate:

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Thanks Spider Dude.