Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Safe In Europe

sek612 havent you noticed europe hates america. i am not talking about the people of europe but the goverments. if the big boys from the american film music
    companies start to throw their weight around in europe they will go home with a bloody nose the european courts will side with the consumer every time.
    this is why nothing is happening now because they know the score.
    europe isint scared of a fancy suit layer

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    The thing is, they wouldn't go in without the backing of the us government. That is who will influence europe. Not a bunch of money hungry riaa/mpaa lawyers, but a bunch of power hungry us government people.

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    gods teeth nobody seems to understand just how powerful the court is. it is totally independent of any goverment anyware in the world and if any pressure is put on it it will do its best to go the other way. you must understand it is 100 per cent pc and will not be bothered by goverments or big buissness this is why we have been free of the pressure you americans are getting.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/mpapps/pagetools...sic/3022170.stm

Interesting points:-
    • I live in the UK, but US computer users will be able to access the songs I share on file-swapping networks. Will the RIAA sue me?

No. The RIAA's UK equivalent, the British Phonographic Industry (BPI), says this is a US action that is affecting only music downloaders in the US because international laws are different. The RIAA cannot take action against people outside the US.

• Is the BPI planning to sue UK users?

It has said it will not rule out suing individual users, but that it would be a "last resort". The BPI says it is currently trying to educate people - including sending out leaflets to colleges and large business - to tell people where they can download music legally.

It also says using peer-to-peer services risks downloading viruses. But if the RIAA's actions are successful, a similar system could be on the cards for the UK.
    I feel if the RIAA tried hard enough they could force organizations like the BPI (and their equivalents in other European countries) to take action.

As for Europe hating the U.S. Yes alot of people dislike the U.S Government but not all governments are anti U.S. Countries like the U.K and Spain have both backed the U.S Government in its recent actions (even if France and Germany didn't).

Also remember there has been alot of activity in Europe regarding filesharing (including closing down of the doa2.host.sk K++ link - which is Germany based). In time we could see large sharers being picked up in European countries (once again it all depends on the RIAA's success and whether this emboldens them and other countries to take similar action).

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    never never never europe is a big pot of prime swill that all the pigs have their snouts in and they wont dare to do anything that will remove the pot, these people are scared of no goverment but they are terrified of the court of human rights that will rule against them if they rock the boat. the european court is head and shoulders above any goverment in europe they are totally dedicated to personal freedom, and i am not blowing their trumpet, just saying how it is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12