Thread: Strange Problem?

Hi, (again not sure if right world??)

I just started getting this problem recently that my pictures, that are in
    MY PICTURES files keep turning up everywhere??
    For example when i look under any particular file in PROGRAM FILES, pictures will be on some of the folders????
    This can be embaressing :"> :"> with some of my pics!!
    Anyone know of any software etc. that could sort this strange problem out?
    I do use NORTON SYSTEM WORKS clean-up on a regular basis but this has no effect??

Cheers!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    It could be
    1.You have used as Screensaver - mypictures slideshow
    so maybe windows dumps smaller versions of then elsewhere.
    2Probably-you have set many of them as wallpapers-if i recall they get dumped
    in C:\windows
    3.or it is a program you use to slideshow or view pictures with and you should reset the destination of image cache elsewhere.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Interesting! Can you list the folders in which its copied? And can you check it the file name and size is same?
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Basically it can be on any file and it seems to be completely random????
    But one thing I have noticed is that I only get pics on files when in THUMBNAILS or FILMSTRIP view but strangely none of the other views????

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    search your system for image files. duplicates of pics that are already IN your pics folder you could delete,

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by BILLY&#045;THE&#045;FISH@9 December 2003 - 18:24
    Basically it can be on any file and it seems to be completely random????
    But one thing I have noticed is that I only get pics on files when in THUMBNAILS or FILMSTRIP view but strangely none of the other views????
    Thumbnail or filmstrip displays the picture thats why you wont see in list view. You would still see the file name. Do you see them or not?

I hope you are not talking about custom folder icons so in thumbnail view the custom folder icons show pictures
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by I.am@10 December 2003 - 01:29
    I hope you are not talking about custom folder icons so in thumbnail view the custom folder icons show pictures
    ???? What does that mean??
    The folders show pictures but obviously not the ones I put there???

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    So pictures are inside the folder when you go in?

And you mentioned if you change your view from thumbnail or filmstrip to something else you dont see the picture file? Please confirm this.

Can you list the directories i asked earlier also. Just to see if there is a pattern.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by BILLY&#045;THE&#045;FISH+10 December 2003 - 19:54--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BILLY&#045;THE&#045;FISH &#064; 10 December 2003 - 19:54)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-I.am@10 December 2003 - 01:29
    I hope you are not talking about custom folder icons&nbsp; so in thumbnail view the custom folder icons show pictures
    ???? What does that mean??
    The folders show pictures but obviously not the ones I put there???[/b][/quote]
    I think I.am is right. The ability to customize folders in thumbnail view can often give the random results you describe.

Info