Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Display Issues In Windows 2000

Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    Maybe it's some type of skin or theme he installed. Try reseting the windows color scheme to default.

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    ok ive managed to brave the display of this forum for the time being, this is the first time ive actually browsed the net since this problem occured.

Ok first of i came downstairs after my 12yr old son had been on the net for a bit, he was downloading things of kazaa with the child filter on and he had just playing resident evil 2 which had crashed. When i come downstairs the screen was black with the change password for windows screen on.

I just got out of that withought changing the password and the screen appearence had changed to high contrast black (which is horrible) so i changed it back to windows standard. the problem is that my programs have a white background whereas before they would of had colours and web pages look horrible, eg. some website`s that my g/friend looks at look like the font is 12-14 but whereas one website every letter was bigger than my acctual monitor screen and it was imposible to read, it was fine for someone else though thats how i know that it was my problem.

Also when i used to restart my pc the windows startup picture would fill the whole screen, but now its in a little box with a huge black background.

As for reinstalling the drivers, my discs that i have got are system restore discs (4cds) not acctually a win 2000 disc, and i cant register my laptop on the sony web site to get the drivers for obvious reasons

I have a sony vaio laptop specs:
    650mhz pent 3 cpu
    196 meg of ram
    ati rage mobility pro 8meg graphics card
    windows 2000

if anyone has any ideas to this prob please post, i have done an online virus check whith pccillin housecall and it found nothing.

thanx in advance

stoi.

P.S. also someone on this link looks like they have had the same problem but i dont realy know what the answer is, as im not realy all that good with windows so if anyone knows whats going on at this link please post an easier explanation same problem as me. thanx

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    and thanx to tc for posting this for me and to all of the replies so far.

thanx again

stoi

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    <~~BUMP~~>

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    Ok, was starting to watch the matrix last night with poerdvd, and the program said it would be better to run it in 16 million colours not 32m would i like to change, so i said yes but when i did it said that the file run.dll was missing.

was just wondering if this would have anything to do with my problem above and if it is is there anywhere i can get this and where do i put it when i do get it.

thanx for the help

stoi

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    TClite's Avatar Poster
    hmmm, sounds strange, run.dll errors can occur when watching movies (from experience) usually they&#39;re just one off&#39;s, I got mine whilst defragmenting my HDD, its possible that too many operations were carried out all at once and it just resulted in a runtime error.....have you changed the setting via desktop pannel to high 32bit colour stoi?

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    Poster
    If it&#39;s drivers you need, do a search on Driverguide.com. I looked and there are loads for your spec, tho you may have to try out different ones. Hope this may help

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    ok ive just tried that site/registered and they had nothing for my graphics card it was all for the radeon card,

i hope someone can help me with this as im realy close to reinstalling windows which obviously i dont want to do. But it looks like noone on this board has any answers to this problem so i might have to

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    Poster
    Is it a Powered by ATI card or a Built by ATI card? ATI have a website that you can try if you know all the spec on your card. You may have to take off your cover and check out the card number etc. to get the info. Maybe then you can find the drivers directly. Worth a go

ati.com/support

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    thanx gambo, but i have an ati rage mobility pro 8meg card, ati do not stock drivers for mobility cards on their website, i will have to get them from the manufacturer, but the sony website is rubbish and i cant register my laptop as ill probably get into derious trouble if i do (if you understand me)

thanx anyway, if someone has a similar card though on this forum with a copy of the latest driver it would be greatly appreciated.

thanx again,

stoi.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast