Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever Popular Invalid System Disk

ok, here is the deal..been working on this for like 7 hours strait now, getting the invalid system disk, replace and press any key error..(no disk in a: drive) checked cables..replaced cables, tried with book disk, tried without, replaced floppy drive, replaced hard drive...cant get into bios..help!! ran a norton scandisk from a norton rescue book, no virus..dont know what else to do...any suggestions will be appreciated. hardware is configured correctly (jumpers etc) computer was working fine, did normal reboot...started getting this error..please help
    thanks,
    zack

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    there ya go.... you finnally posted it, yes i tried helping out already, but my information was not sufficent enough... so i recommended posting it on the kazaa lite forum ....

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    aim zwebbbttw with any info

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    dunt wry give it a day or two... someone will respond sooner or later... lol ... umm u tried all my suggestions it didnt work?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    yes, i have tried everything...trying with new hard drive again...

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    that's always fun... could u enter ur bios w/ the new hard drive?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    so far no, that is what i am trying now...

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    helloooo?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by zackpwebb@15 February 2003 - 23:18
    ok, here is the deal..been working on this for like 7 hours strait now, getting the invalid system disk, replace and press any key error..(no disk in a: drive) checked cables..replaced cables, tried with book disk, tried without, replaced floppy drive, replaced hard drive...cant get into bios..help!! ran a norton scandisk from a norton rescue book, no virus..dont know what else to do...any suggestions will be appreciated. hardware is configured correctly (jumpers etc) computer was working fine, did normal reboot...started getting this error..please help
    thanks,
    zack
    I'm getting a bit confused with your post. You say you can't get into the bios, or boot the computer. However you have ran a norton scandisk.

How is your computer set up to boot, i.e. in what order.

Do you get any error messages on the screen.

Have you heard any strange grinding noises in the run up to this problem, indicating hard drive failure.

Have you been getting any messages indicating problems with the motherboard e.g. cmos battery running low.

If you could calmly explain what is happening, what the problem is and any messages you got then someone may be able to help. Please dont leave things out. e.g. if your dog switched the computer off while the hard driove was running at full speed it is probably best to mention it.

Cheers

JimF

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast