Thread: Emule Thing In Shareaza

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    1: does it use the same ports as emule?

2. What servers are the best? and how do i update the server list in shareaza? doesn't seem to work for me

3. please post a list of sites like sharereactor.com. i know theres donkey something .com. if someone knows the whole list of emule verified dls, please post here please. thanks a lot

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    1 According to the Shareaza forums, it will use whatever ports you tell it to.
    You can use the same ones that eMule used if you want.

2. I've had good results from ProbenPrinz and Razorback, they both seem to be pretty popular...

Are you getting a Hi or Low ID when you try to connect Shareaza to the eDonkey network?
    Is your firewall and/or port forwarding properly configured?

It sounds like you've already tried the "update server list from the web" button... So my best guess is that the server list will update when you get your port settings sorted out.

Is the connection problem only with the eDonkey network? Can you connect to the G1 and G2 networks?

3 Well, all I use is sharereactor, so I'd like a list of alternatives too, if anybody would like to share...

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    how do i find out how good my share rating is? i need a good rating to dl fast rite?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    errr... I don't know if you can find out your share rating with 'raza... I think there might be a plugin or hack for eMule, but I didn't use that long enough to find out.

and, to my understanding, unlike the Kazaa Participation Level, which is based on how much you've uploaded in general, your share rating on the eD2k network isn't a global rating.

Instead, the rating works on a client to client basis., which kinda sucks imho.

Just because you've shared maybe 2GB of files with X amount of users doesn't actually make any difference to the clients on the network that you haven't uploaded to.

You will get preferential treatment from the clients you HAVE uploaded to, (by moving up thier individual queues faster) but thats all.

Thats why downloading on the eD2K network is so slow when you're just starting out, and the reason I try to avoid this network.

Maybe if you share for the next six months solid, you may get known by enough clients for your share rating to start making a difference?

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@9 December 2003 - 23:59
    1: does it use the same ports as emule?

2. What servers are the best? and how do i update the server list in shareaza? doesn't seem to work for me

3. please post a list of sites like sharereactor.com. i know theres donkey something .com. if someone knows the whole list of emule verified dls, please post here please. thanks a lot
    1. All of the networks use the same ports. You can change them in the settings.

2. Any server is usually good. As edonkey has global searching, which is only limited by how many results you get (also changeable in the settings)

3. try http://www.sharelive.com (G1, G2, ED2k, and BT)
    http://jigle.com (ed2k)
    http://www.peerweb.tk (will be up again in the new year)

You're right about the rating level for ed2k (only for the edonkey net, not g1, g2, bt) uNz too. It is stored with the client who uploads off of you. You get more credit if you share partial files. Also, the rotating queue will let more clients download your files.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Set yourself to power user, and then click on the Network tab. It shows the servers you're connected to (neighbors?) and the ed2k server will have your ID.
    I believe the option for Power mode is under the View menu.

Edit: The ID you're looking for is under the client column.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by Lenuin@17 December 2003 - 06:51
    Set yourself to power user, and then click on the Network tab. It shows the servers you're connected to (neighbors?) and the ed2k server will have your ID.
    I believe the option for Power mode is under the View menu.

Edit: The ID you're looking for is under the client column.
    If you have a HighID, that means you are connecting to the server through an unfirewalled port, which is good. If you have a LowID, that means your connecting through a blocked port (firewalled). It's better to have a HighID as more servers accept them. You can't see what your rating is for edonkey.