Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can't We All Just Stop Sharing...?

Well, this has grown to be rather off topic! I thought I was talking about sharing bunk files... and not DC and Soulseek advertisement. I guess that many that read the original post saw it as an opportunity to chum up their favorite FS networks. That sucks!

Fortunately, Master YodaX and ProwL418 understood my point... but evidently, this thread has gone astray. Too bad. I thought I raised a good point last night.

FC and JimF... A piece of advice:

Be damn sure that your discussed networks WILL suffer the same plague that is beginning in FastTrack. Afterall, the majority of the filesharers are HERE. Your users most definately frequent FastTrack as well. That does effect you in the long run, right?

Can we get this back on topic, please?

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by bpmax@16 February 2003 - 02:18
    FC and JimF... A piece of advice:

Be damn sure that your discussed networks will suffer the same plague that is beginning in FastTrack. Afterall, the majority of the filesharers are HERE. Your users most definately frequent FastTrack as well. That does effect you in the long run, right?

Maybe in the long run...but for at least 6 months to a year them 4 million users will be on other networks...better networks.Fasttrack sucks dude...they have no chat rooms or no way of hooking up with a buddy.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Personally I got enough "buddys" in real life and don't neet chat for doo doo.. I get all of my OTR and audio books through this network and am quite happy with it.. Maybe those that are dissasitified with how things are here should develop their own network or "cleave" to those other networks that better suit their needs... Flame on
    Those who say it can not be done should not interrupt those who are doing it...

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Originally posted by UnOwen1@16 February 2003 - 02:58
    Personally I got enough "buddys" in real life and don't neet chat for doo doo.. I get all of my OTR and audio books through this network and am quite happy with it.. Maybe those that are dissasitified with how things are here should develop their own network or "cleave" to those other networks that better suit their needs... Flame on
    Some of us are dreaming of that day brother...our own Peer-to-peer for this forum.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@16 February 2003 - 08:42
    Maybe in the long run...but for at least 6 months to a year them 4 million users will be on other networks...better networks.Fasttrack sucks dude...they have no chat rooms or no way of hooking up with a buddy.
    Sure... chat rooms and 'hooking up' are nice.

Still, I'd like to keep this "on topic", FuNkY. You seem to have been here for a while. Do you disagree with my original post? If so, say so. This thread was not intended as a "which platform is best" tisk.

I wonder why such an avid SoulSeek user even frequents these forums.

This isn't the thread for that though, FuNkY.

Again, ... Can we get back to the topic, please?

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Originally posted by bpmax@16 February 2003 - 03:10
    I wonder why such an avid SoulSeek user even frequents these forums.

I frequent this forum because this is a community about file sharing not only KazaaLite NOOB...you will learn that.

Now let me go back and read your post from the beginning and then we can get back on track...but you will also find out that threads around here run off course.

FC B)

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@16 February 2003 - 09:14
    I frequent this forum because this is a community about file sharing not only KazaaLite NOOB...you will learn that.

Now let me go back and read your post from the beginning and then we can get back on track...but you will also find out that threads around here run off course.
    I see that they do run off course. I'm sure we'll be "back on track" once you read the origianl contents. Files are like viruses. We share them every day!

BTW: I have a great appreciation for FS communities great and small.

Nice to meet you, FuNkY!

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    I tried to read the original post three different times. My eyes started to cross about the middle of the thing.. Maybe it was just the beer but I had A hard time following the whole thing... Whoops!!! Welcome NOOB nobody really hates you here just takes a while to get past the unofficial board censors
    Those who say it can not be done should not interrupt those who are doing it...

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by bpmax@15 February 2003 - 05:01
    However, I do have a problem with the rapid propogation of sharing a bad file. A few users? Fine.... but if I am already recieving several hundred results of the same bad file now in just a few minutes, imagine what it will be like by 3/4/03... when the album is actually released. Several thousand??? To the point of K-Lite freezing, probably.
    Getting back to the original topic, I believe the problem is the fact that Kazaa automatically shares the contents of everyone's Download folder. That means that before a user even gets a chance to verify a file for quality and authenticity, it could already have been shared with dozens of other users, thus creating this "rapid propogation of sharing a bad file". The same garbage just keeps floating around and around, clogging up the network because for every one bad file that gets deleted, there a countless others still sitting in peoples Download folder being shared. I think the makers of Kazaa and/or K-Lite should fix it so the Download folder is NOT shared!

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Originally posted by Nightwolf^.`.^+16 February 2003 - 03:51--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nightwolf^.`.^ @ 16 February 2003 - 03:51)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--bpmax@15 February 2003 - 05:01
    However, I do have a problem with the rapid propogation of sharing a bad file. A few users? Fine.... but if I am already recieving several hundred results of the same bad file now in just a few minutes, imagine what it will be like by 3/4/03... when the album is actually released. Several thousand??? To the point of K-Lite freezing, probably.
    Getting back to the original topic, I believe the problem is the fact that Kazaa automatically shares the contents of everyone&#39;s Download folder. That means that before a user even gets a chance to verify a file for quality and authenticity, it could already have been shared with dozens of other users, thus creating this "rapid propogation of sharing a bad file". The same garbage just keeps floating around and around, clogging up the network because for every one bad file that gets deleted, there a countless others still sitting in peoples Download folder being shared. I think the makers of Kazaa and/or K-Lite should fix it so the Download folder is NOT shared&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Pretty much that is what I was trying to say...try another Peer-to-Peer program and stop useing Kazza with all its junk.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast