Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can't We All Just Stop Sharing...?

I agree that this is a problem. By default "My Shared" folder is the same as the folder that I download to. This is not cool. Whatever I DL is automatically shared before I can check it out.. There needs to be a way to DL to one folder and have to move to another folder to share. There would be less files available to share on the network but the files might be less likely to be corrupt due to people having to open them up before moving to shared folder.. Did that make any sence at all?
    Those who say it can not be done should not interrupt those who are doing it...

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    Got_brains?'s Avatar Poster
    Accually, I get really fed up with people that I see dl at least half my files (ahem, kazzaliteuser@kazza, cough cough, one of the people who never even changed their name: defaltuser@kazaa cough cough). I share 488 files. I am on a cable modem. I allow 8 simultanious uploads at a time. (I believe this is a lot ) And then people who dl dont even share. That ticks me off.

They (if they already dont) should make a prog that auto kicks peps who dont share.

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Hi bpmax and welcome to the forum. The first post of this thread is so long. Anyway FC, you don't like Kazaa? Hmmm seems strange to see someone with as many posts as you not like it. You can message other users in Kazaa ya-know. As for buddy list... Your my buddy... No?

Anyway what's this thread about again?

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    UnOwen1 - there is a way, if you use pTrack, you can define the folders where your downloaded files are supposed to go.

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by puremindmatters@16 February 2003 - 15:49
    UnOwen1 - there is a way, if you use pTrack, you can define the folders where your downloaded files are supposed to go.
    I tried ptrack, but as near as I could tell it just lets you change your Downloads folder. I don't think that will prevent Kazaa from sharing that folder with other users. I could be wrong though. My solution is to create a folder somewhere on your hard drive called 'Unverified' (don't share it), and put a shortcut to it in your Downloads folder. Then whenever you download something, immediately drag it onto this shortcut to move it to the unshared folder until you have a chance to check it out (before anyone else downloads it from you).

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    If you tell ptrack to download to a directory outside your shared folder it will do that for you.
    You can share/unshare each folder or even an entire drive in "find media to share/folder list".

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by puremindmatters@16 February 2003 - 23:27
    If you tell ptrack to download to a directory outside your shared folder it will do that for you.
    You can share/unshare each folder or even an entire drive in "find media to share/folder list".
    Maybe you're using a different version than me (mine's 2.2 ALPHA). If I right click on any of my shared folders there is an option there to un-share it, but if I right click on my Download folder that option is not there.

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Nobody1234@16 February 2003 - 14:51
    Hi bpmax and welcome to the forum. The first post of this thread is so long. Anyway FC, you don't like Kazaa? Hmmm seems strange to see someone with as many posts as you not like it. You can message other users in Kazaa ya-know. As for buddy list... Your my buddy... No?

Anyway what's this thread about again?
    This is a flie sharing community/forum...alot of members do not use only Kazaa Lite...a few of us don't use it hardly at all.

Why do you think so many people develope add ons for Kazaa...because it sucks.

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    there is a posistive and negative side of the download folder being shared. Negative side is of course the fact that currupted files can be spread without the users knowledge, However some people won't take the time to move a file from unshared to shared after they download it if the download folder isn't shared.

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    Bunk music files are bad, but bunk software is the worst. You take hours sometimes downloading something that is horrible mislabeled or corrupt. Then you delete it, then search again, and end up downloading the same crap file again. DAMMIT! Check your files arses!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast