Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Can't We All Just Stop Sharing...?

Originally posted by Nightwolf^.`.^+17 February 2003 - 07:46--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nightwolf^.`.^ @ 17 February 2003 - 07:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--puremindmatters@16 February 2003 - 23:27
    If you tell ptrack to download to a directory outside your shared folder it will do that for you.
    You can share/unshare each folder or even an entire drive in "find media to share/folder list".
    Maybe you&#39;re using a different version than me (mine&#39;s 2.2 ALPHA). If I right click on any of my shared folders there is an option there to un-share it, but if I right click on my Download folder that option is not there. [/b][/quote]
    No, I am using the same version - but instead of manually putting the files into an unshared directory, you can use pTrack to do that for you - i.e. using a *.* filter for downloaded files to a directory which is unshared, or do subsets for specific types which are prone to have fakes and corrupted files amongst them, like *.mp3.

I&#39;m sorry if I didn&#39;t make that clear - and before someone tries it and complains that it is not working: Files which have been started before you implemented the filters might still go into the original folder.
    It works pretty well once it is all set up, I am downloading files into four different directories (docs, software, audio and video).
    Paul recommended it when I was about to re-invent the wheel....

Edit: Forgot "it"

2. File Sharing   -   #32
    Would increased usage of the ratings system combat this? Personally I rarely rate files, but i&#39;m sure if this was an effective way of retaliating against RIAA &#39;diluting&#39; more people would take the time to do so. Apologies if this has been covered already.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234