Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blackout......

hey well im now using kazza lite v2.4.3 and iv come across a problem.... pretty pissed off about it actually.....
    if i have 1 file downloading or 10 files downloading.......if in the rare instance there is a blackout.....where the do the partial downloads go.........
    this totally sucks if u nearly have completly downloaded a movie...e.g approx 720Mb....and the f*%&ing thing vanishes... like...thats nearly 1Gb off my monthly downloads.....goneeeeee......but where too????

not happy!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Back it up every once and awhile.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Originally posted by Agent Smith@10 December 2003 - 19:45
    Back it up every once and awhile.
    That's better, you've done a good point again my friend.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    It's because k-lite automatically deletes corrupt dat files. And dat files can often get corrupted if a powercut (blackout) happens.
    So what I do is I copy all my dat files into a separate file as a backup, and if anything goes wrong I can just copy them back into my shared folder. But luckily we haven't had any powercuts in this area for a long time.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    You can SOMETIMES recover partially downloaded files after a computer crash/power outage if you run SCANDISK.

The partial files will be recreated with generic filenames in the ROOT folder of whatever hard drive they were on. Rename them, and put them back in your KL++ partial downloads folder. Some may resume, some may not!

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    One more thing, when you put them back into your shared folder, make sure they are not read-only, by right-clicking on each file and going to Properties.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    -Genesis-'s Avatar Poster
    Thats why you buy ureself a nice surge protector....here's one i made earlier HERE

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    yeah....surge protector.....lot of good thats gonna do r u stupid?
    once the power is cut the power is cut buddy!
    say bye bye to anything thats currently downloading
    im dealing with idiots here........

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    -Genesis-'s Avatar Poster
    U can get surge protectors that keep the power running for like 10 mins so dont start me, i have one.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    some of the files which recovered by scan disk utilities may resume some might not.
    for those which dont resume use kazaa corruption fixer it works for almost all files.
    download it from here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast