Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: User Ammount Going Way Down.....

Originally posted by SeK612@11 December 2003 - 13:09
    Is there anything we can do to force the FT network to accept a K++ v2.4.3 client (I know there is Diet Kazaa and the lite version they were working on in the development section but if we use them all the extra security K++ gives us will be lost - privacy patch etc )
    uhm in kazaa 2.6 there's also an option to hide your files.. they took the idea of us but it's there.. but still 2.6 sucks in comparing to KLK++2.43

2. File Sharing   -   #32
    Random Nut sees 2.6 million people online using KMD 2.6

With my K-Lite I haven't seen less than 3 million. Counting 3,747,701 now (11-10-2003 21:34)

Is there someone there using KMD 2.6 how many users do you see?

Dunno for sure, but I have the the impression that KMD 2.6 somehow reports less users than K-Lite. Makes me wonder if the ban works the other way around.

3. File Sharing   -   #33
    Edit
    Last edited by Ninjastyle; 10-11-2006 at 05:09 AM.

4. File Sharing   -   #34
    Poster

3.7 million during a weekday is pretty healthy i'd say !

5. File Sharing   -   #35
    So will kazaa lite never come back?

Pete.

6. File Sharing   -   #36
    Originally posted by Muse@11 December 2003 - 23:38
    Dunno for sure, but I have the the impression that KMD 2.6 somehow reports less users than K-Lite. Makes me wonder if the ban works the other way around.
    2.6 million in the morning, but now there're approximately 3.8 million people online.

7. File Sharing   -   #37
    Only way klite will come back is if we are able to get a leaked source of KMD 2.6, search for flaws, use those flaws while getting rid of ad-ware, then distribute it anonymously, and those who are stupid enough to claim KMD lite 2.6 is their's will be arrested!

8. File Sharing   -   #38
    Thanks Random Nut.

My theory is proven incorrect.

Does the ban for Kazaa Lite work? Or is this so called ban just Sharman non sense to scare us off?

9. File Sharing   -   #39
    Hi
    My computer is working 24x7, at work. During the non-work hours i was enabling klite to be a supernode. From 2 days ago, since i see the requests, i left it as a supernode for all the time.
    Now, what does it to my internet connection? is my boss able to see an extra traffic on the line, should i take care about that?
    Thanks and help to keep Klite alive
    the ftacker

10. File Sharing   -   #40
    Originally posted by the ftracker@12 December 2003 - 08:46
    Hi
    My computer is working 24x7, at work. During the non-work hours i was enabling klite to be a supernode. From 2 days ago, since i see the requests, i left it as a supernode for all the time.
    Now, what does it to my internet connection? is my boss able to see an extra traffic on the line, should i take care about that?
    Thanks and help to keep Klite alive
    the ftacker
    If the place you work at has compentent network admin they should be able to detect the traffic without it being a supernode, most work places already block p2p traffic and being a supernode only increases the traffic.

I suppose its up to you if you want to run p2p on work computers but if your job is important to you personaly i think its not worth the risk of losing it just to share some files.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast