Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chemisty Gcse Revision

TRshady
    Thanks Proper bo, done and got 100% in that test.
    Im not sure what the modules consist of, but im sure they'll be quite similar.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    TRshady
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@10 December 2003 - 14:36
    Definite proportions or multiple proportions?
    Definite proportoins, and explanation would be great, although I understand it, done understand what it means in the compound definition.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Just go through all the tests on that site on the parts you're unsure about, they really help

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    dont you have module tests and stuff like that ?
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

5. Lounge   -   #25
    TRshady
    They do and I'll go through them. Also doing questions in the revision guide I have.
    I'm kinda stupid though, always leave revising for the last minute , although when started a month early, most of it is forgotten by the time it comes to answer ..

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    gemby, are you doing the individual sciences or the double award thing? The single ones have longer exams but they're seperate whereas the double award (which I did) consists of all three subjects being done in one exam.

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    The same compound always contains the same elements combined together in the same proportion by weight.

According to atomic theory, a compound is formed by the combination of definite number of atoms of different elements. Since each atoms has its own characteristic weight, the relative weight of each component in the compound must always be the same and, therefore, in every pure sample of the same compound, the elements must always be present in the same proportions by weight.

So for example, a molecule of water will always have the same weight as another molecule of water, as the proportions of Hydrogen atoms and Oxygen atoms will be identicle.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@10 December 2003 - 13:41
    So for example, a molecule of water will always have the same weight as another molecule of water, as the proportions of Hydrogen atoms and Oxygen atoms will be identicle.
    unless of course, it's heavy water
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Heavy water is a different compound

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

10. Lounge   -   #30
    TRshady
    Thanks rat faced ... very helpful.
    Currently doing some hardcore notes on chemical formulae, i think I have it now, could you tell me how that is different to a molecule please?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast