Thread: Iz It Safe

after this shit about kazaa coming down on klite iz it still "safe"to download stuff through klite?LETS HAVE IT!!!!!!!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    I think it's still as "safe" as it ever was or will be.
    I don't think you're at risk of being sued for using k-lite instead of regular kazaa.
    That's what I think ofcourse

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    hope you right,i think that we should have something on the forum like a section where ppl put everything they find about these new laws that are getting passed without our knowledge ,just to keep us up to date so we know really where we stand they must be some ppl studying or practicing law out there using klite,it would be nice to share not just files but valuable info on this,i dont want cops turning up at my house.peace out

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    K++ is still as safe as it ever was. The recent legal action against K++ and sites hosting it has been direct from Sharman (makers of official Kazaa). I doubt they will track down individual users using K++ as it would be very costly and a wast of time. There are threats comming from Sharman that they will try and exclude K++ from the FT network and whilst this won't be a threat to you legally it will stop your from using K++.

Remember though downloading copyrighted material from clients like K++ does carry risks of proseciton as you are breeching copyright laws (there has been flurry of activity regarding K++ and these laws of late ). Look around this forum for ways tips and guides on how to prevent being caught out

Check this part of the forum for latest info on such things...

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    -Genesis-'s Avatar Poster
    If u live in the UK (like me) your deffinetly safe if you live in the USA you have a very very small risk of the RIAA chapping on your door but then you would just need to Bit*hslap them out of the door, that should do the trick.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by -Genesis-@10 December 2003 - 21:37
    If u live in the UK (like me) your deffinetly safe
    Not true my friend just cos the BPI aren't as visible as the RIAA doesn't mean they are not tracking us.
    Yes I also am from the British Isles.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    The BPI already stated that they are not (at the moment) chasing up people that download files illegaly as they are more worried about physical CD pirating. We are safe for a while yet.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    If only, read what i said - they are monitoring i can assure you but not as evident as the U.S. bodies YET!

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Even if they arem they will only go after supernodes anyway, i have benn doing this for over 6 years now, well be fine (shhh)