Thread: Kazaa Lite 2.1.0

does "Hide my shared files" in Kazaa Lite 2.1.0 really work? If so then why am i still able to get a list of shared files when i use http://127.0.0.1:1214/ in a web browser.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Ofcourse "hide my shared files" works.It prevents other people on k-lite to see what you're sharing.Anyhow,if I click the link you posted all I get is a blank site(even when I unclick "hide my shared folder".)

Maybe you'ld better upgrade your version of k-lite to 2.4.3.
    It's the one I have and the "hide my..." works fine for me.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    2.10 can change the version number to 260 and you wont be kicked off the network.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by Agent Smith@9 December 2003 - 01:20
    2.10 can change the version number to 260 and you wont be kicked off the network.
    I though that was a joke, it can't be that simple...

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Anyhow,if I click the link you posted all I get is a blank site(even when I unclick "hide my shared folder".)
    Thats because you have to change the number after the colon to your own k-lite port number.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by Agent Smith@9 December 2003 - 09:20
    How do you change version number . ?

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    -Genesis-'s Avatar Poster
    There is a registry key in kazaa lite 2.10 to change this.... look fot it , its in another post somewhere

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    As r_n has stated, the version number in the registry has nothing to do with the program itself, and you will still get 'booted out' when the time comes.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    -Genesis-'s Avatar Poster
    oh well, eneway i have striped down kaza lite 2.6 myself except for a few advertisements, NO SPYWARE at all. Get rocko's loader and kazaa file and just put them in your directory, then if you want you can unpack the kazaa.eve file and do some editiing (im working on it the now, but they are move clever this time as they have compiled their stuff in a wierd way.)