Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Downloading Problems

None of my downloads ever go above 1kb/sec, no matter how many users I am downloading from. I am on DSL, so it is not because I have a slow connection. What could be causing it to go this slow?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Things to check:

1) Is your firewall configured correctly?
    2) Do you think your ISP could be trying to block p2p filesharing?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    I'm using hopster to get by the university network firewall and I don't have a personal one enabled. I don't know anything about the ISP

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    In that case, your university is actually your ISP. I would imagine they are blocking p2p on purpose because they think it will slow down their network.
    I think it has been discussed before, similar problems to this. i don't know much about this problem, so I think it will help if you try and read some older messages in this forum and see if you can get it to work.

It looks like i'm the only k-lite technical support person left online now, it seems like most other people (such as Musleman) stopped replying so much ever since sharman started its crackdown against hosters of k-lite.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    You could try some alternate port settings in your firewall options in k-lite - let us know how it goes

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    -Genesis-'s Avatar Poster
    Ok here is you problem, i take it you downloaded the FREE version of hopster wich only gives you a 1k download speed (like a trial) when you prurchase*** (lol) the full version you will be able to reach speeds up to 50k/s. Happy crack hunting...oops i mean buying.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    YIP!! Sounds like you are knackered friend, move to a better University or better still study more, after all that's what the tax payer pays for

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    so where can I purchase*** the full version?

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    so where can I purchase*** the full version?
    I'm lost here
    Full version of what?K-lite?

If so,you should know k-lite is totally free and they're just pulling your leg.

And about your download speed:try jumping supernodes and find as many sources as you can find.That's all I can say about it to help you.
    I'm on dsl myself,and to be honest I almost never have slow speeds B)
    Maybe I'm just lucky,I don't know

Hope I helped you out a little bit?

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    How exactly do I "jump supernodes"?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast