Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burning Cd's In Order To Play Them On My Stereo...

I'm kinda new to burning cd's so this may sound like a silly question.
    But i know it's possible,I just don't know how. :confused:
    Here's the questions:
    -In what format should I burn my musicfiles onto the cd?(obviously,not mp3)
    -what type of cd do I use?(cd-r,cd-rw,...)
    -....that's all the questions I've got,for now.

Help me out please.
    All general information on how to burn audio cd's in order to make them work on an ordinairy stereosystem is welcome.

Thnx in advance,

2. Music   -   #2
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Burn as Audio.Can Play anywhere,Get CD-Rs.....not CD-RWs.

3. Music   -   #3
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    burn it as audio not data

4. Music   -   #4
    If I were you I wouldn't do that. There's a lot of job to be done. Why don't you buy an audio cable with 2 pairs of RCA plug and hook it in your stereo. Buy a "Y" connector for your audio out in your sound card. So simple isn't it?

5. Music   -   #5
    So,no matter what file-extention it has....(mp3,wav,....)If I burn them as audio,it will play on my stereo?

And one other thing:is it important at what speed I burn them?
    Or doesn't that matter for audiofiles?

6. Music   -   #6
    Originally posted by camille@10 December 2003 - 23:44
    If I were you I wouldn't do that. There's a lot of job to be done. Why don't you buy an audio cable with 2 pairs of RCA plug and hook it in your stereo. Buy a "Y" connector for your audio out in your sound card. So simple isn't it?
    shit]
    I refuse to play audio on my PC it sux need them on my stereo good sound and take the Cd's anywhere

oh and also burning as audio you can change the crossover gaps between tracks nothing worse for eg Pink Floyd half way through a song it stops for 2 seconds then leads into the next one at least burning as audio the gaps can be changed

7. Music   -   #7
    Originally posted by ~FunK_mOb~@10 December 2003 - 23:47
    So,no matter what file-extention it has....(mp3,wav,....)If I burn them as audio,it will play on my stereo?

And one other thing:is it important at what speed I burn them?
    Or doesn't that matter for audiofiles?
    yes to answer your first question

I always burn at 16x even know I can go at 52x

i haev had a few problems burning at high speeds with crackles sounding in it before

8. Music   -   #8
    Thnx for the info.
    All is working great now!

And since I'm asking about burning stuff,another question(don't think it's worth opening a new topic about it)

-how do I burn a ripped movie on a dvd in order to make it play on my stand-alone dvd-player?(burn it as data?)
    -what will I use?(dvd-r,dvd-rw,dvd+r,....)
    -recommended speed?

I have a dvd-player that's suposed to read DivX so I don't think it matters what kind of file it is...

If nobody can help me out here I might move my question to the movieworls-section,but any help is apreciated.

Thnx

edit:just finished burnig the audio-cd....it plays fine on my discman,on my playstation...but my stereo doesn't recognise it,it says "no disc"????
    Does that mean it can't read cd-r's?I find that unlikely,since an older stereosystem of mine does read them perfectly...Did I went wrong somewhere?

9. Music   -   #9
    Originally posted by Adster+10 December 2003 - 21:05--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Adster &#064; 10 December 2003 - 21:05)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-camille@10 December 2003 - 23:44
    If I were you I wouldn&#39;t do that. There&#39;s a lot of job to be done. Why don&#39;t you buy an audio cable with 2 pairs of RCA plug and hook it in your stereo. Buy a "Y" connector for your audio out in your sound card. So simple isn&#39;t it?
    shit]
    I refuse to play audio on my PC it sux need them on my stereo good sound and take the Cd&#39;s anywhere

[/b][/quote]
    You&#39;re making a big mistake. Don&#39;t you know that Winamp is full of plug ins and enhancers. You can cross over, cross fade, dfx, and a lot more. Maybe you haven&#39;t experienced doing this. When you carry your CD&#39;s you have to bring your case. It sucks. he.. he.. he

10. Music   -   #10
    muchspl2
    if you get a newer receiver that half way decient, try to look for a usp plug in
    thats how I connect my stereo to my pc, works great

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast