Thread: Seeing Pretty Women

Its official, scientists have shown that seeing a pretty woman, makes men temporarily act like an idiot

Pretty women scramble men's ability to assess the future

Biologists have long known that animals prefer immediate rewards to greater ones in the future. This process, known as "discounting the future", is found in humans too and is fundamental to many economic models.
    Male students, when shown pictures of pretty women, were more likely to opt for short-term economic gain than wait for a better reward in the future.
    Wilson and Daly found that male students shown the pictures of averagely attractive women showed exponential discounting of the future value of the reward. This indicated that they had made a rational decision. When male students were shown pictures of pretty women, they discounted the future value of the reward in an "irrational" way - they would opt for the smaller amount of money available the next day rather than wait for a much bigger reward.

Women, by contrast, made equally rational decisions whether they had been shown pictures of handsome men or those of average attractiveness.
    http://www.newscientist.com/news/news.jsp?id=ns99994469

Theres some talk about evolutionary biology, but I think its much more easily accounted for as a bloodflow problem.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Its magic baby!

who wants to know teh future anyway

the other solution is find a beutiful girlfriend and let her make the decisions
    Wiz.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    It scrambles your brain if you are inexperienced, young and dumb, very "uncool", and/or just a flat out geek.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    AussieSheila's Avatar Dazed & Confused
    Originally posted by ilw@11 December 2003 - 04:38
    Its official, scientists have shown that seeing a pretty woman, makes men temporarily act like an idiot

Pretty women scramble men's ability to assess the future

Biologists have long known that animals prefer immediate rewards to greater ones in the future. This process, known as "discounting the future", is found in humans too and is fundamental to many economic models.
    Male students, when shown pictures of pretty women, were more likely to opt for short-term economic gain than wait for a better reward in the future.
    Wilson and Daly found that male students shown the pictures of averagely attractive women showed exponential discounting of the future value of the reward. This indicated that they had made a rational decision. When male students were shown pictures of pretty women, they discounted the future value of the reward in an "irrational" way - they would opt for the smaller amount of money available the next day rather than wait for a much bigger reward.

Women, by contrast, made equally rational decisions whether they had been shown pictures of handsome men or those of average attractiveness.
    http://www.newscientist.com/news/news.jsp?id=ns99994469

Theres some talk about evolutionary biology, but I think its much more easily accounted for as a bloodflow problem.
    Gosh really? It took a scientific study to figure that out? lmao!

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    BANNED
    hey im guilty of that

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Originally posted by RapFan@12 December 2003 - 03:36
    hey im guilty of that
    You sure are guilty of many other things too
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    BANNED
    Originally posted by I.am+12 December 2003 - 09:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (I.am @ 12 December 2003 - 09:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-RapFan@12 December 2003 - 03:36
    hey im guilty of that
    You sure are guilty of many other things too [/b][/quote]
    i bet im not alone