Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Corruption

Benno, I am seeing almost all .rar's and .tar's getting corrupted lately. Regardless of whether I resume the file from the same source/different source or in one complete download session.

Not sure why, but I just got one movie that is completely missing one of the .rar's

Seems like you are better off trying to get something that has not been compressed.

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    I downloaded spellforce and one file is corrupted, is there way to get just this one file so that i dont have to download everything again?

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    I've noticed in some channels they offer specific pieces for dl. But so far I haven't been able to locate one I need. I have a few files waiting around hoping for a missing piece.

Sometimes you will find pieces available when searching through ircspy.

Hopefully someone else has a better way of finding them.

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    muchspl2
    if its new, try news gourps, and ask for a specific file
    or look around you could find a par file for it and you would be in business

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Got it from #incomplete

Great channel, everybody who doesnt know it yet should check it out, you can visit their homepage here http://www.incomplete.me.uk/

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    i downloaded anime off of irc and when i watched them they seemed to play fine. But when i help to seed them with BT it says that the file is 99% or something but the file sizes are exactly the same. I guess this means that irc transfers arn't perfect but most of the time a person never knows the difference. At least this is my guess.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    newcster68's Avatar Taxicab Co. Owner

By the way, if it makes you feel any better, corruption wasn't my big issue last night and today. Whatever u do, please make sure you run a antivirus program and a firewall when u download anything from irc. Also when you get a file, make sure you scan it for viruses before u open it. Irc is very well known for getting trojans through your open ports and norton antivirus can miss some or your firewall. I should know cause i picked one up last night and this trojan fucked all my stuff up including my nero software and my xp burning utility. Even froze my pc up..so in short I could not copy nothing I had saved to disk and lost everything, including all my newest movie releases. Got to start from scatch again. BUMMER!

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    @Benno

Thanks!!!!! That got me one missing file, now on to the rest

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    TD dont thank me, Lindorez told me about the channel. All props go to him.

newcster
    I have sygate and norton but i will be even more carefull in the futur, I dont want to loose my movies too

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Benno do you use the latest unzip progs. Last night had the same thing on mp3's..
    After i dl the latest version of winzip i had np at all.. that fixed the so called error...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast