Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Corruption

Read the pinned article on "advanced irc leeching". It tells how to avoid corruption with rollback.

Stephen

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    i was downloading something (tar file) and i left ma download on till tommorow hwne i came back the download was stoped and the bots was offline to, so i resumed it with another bot, is this mean that ma downoad is now corrupted , shit man i was 1.18gb file nad 800 mb was done. now i must start it from begining all over isnt? oo there was a advance leeching Guide and they add some command to avoid corruption, is that usefull?

plz answer fast iam gonna redownload the file

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Hey bawa I downloaded spellforce and i didnt download the whole file from the same bot. In the end one rar file was corrupt, i had to download only 15MB again. So downlaoding from different bots cant be that bad

btw I got the one file i need from the channel i mentioned above

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Benno@16 December 2003 - 17:13
    Hey bawa I downloaded spellforce and i didnt download the whole file from the same bot. In the end one rar file was corrupt, i had to download only 15MB again. So downlaoding from different bots cant be that bad

btw I got the one file i need from the channel i mentioned above
    how u did download the corrupted part of file

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Benno@15 December 2003 - 00:05
    Got it from #incomplete

Great channel, everybody who doesnt know it yet should check it out, you can visit their homepage here http://www.incomplete.me.uk/
    how u did download the corrupted part of file
    It was one of the rar files that were corrupt and i got it from there

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    bawa@Klite_user, if you still know the bot you were getting the file from the first time, and you know how big the file was, then you can use the "btrunc" command to shrink the file back to where it was rather than start over. Type "/help /btrunc" in any mirc window and it will show you how to use it.

Stephen

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Rollback guys!

Paste the following into your script editor:

Code:
    On *:GETFAIL:*: {
      btrunc $filename $iif($calc($file($filename).size - 1024000 ) > 0, $ifmatch, 0)
    }
    Tools >> Script Editor >> File >> New >> Paste script >> Save As: Rollback.mrc >> Save and Exit.

In your status screen type:

/load -rs rollback.mrc

or if you saved the file in any other place, specify the target before the filename.

The size of the rollback can be changed as well just add the proper amount of zeros, I have it set for 1meg, but the more the better. Rollback redownloads the specific amount of it's told to, this protects those sudden disconnects and bot drops by redownloading the information at the end that could have been corrupted by the disconnect. (This doesn't help the corruption of trying to download the same file from a different bot, you'll need to delete the existing portion to avoid that corruption.)

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    @JJ I downlaoded the lates winrar though it didnt help anything. But thats not much of a problem as they files arent big so no problem redownlading

@Damnatory thanks I just put it in
    though I have one question, on another website i read that I should put

/ctcps on
    /raw on
    /events on
    in connect -> options -> perform
    can you tell me what that means and if it is good or bad?

thanks

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    I set up the rollback when I installed. Just followed the newbie guide for the whole thing. Still have a lot of corruption issues.

Just had one movie where I tried to unrar it with each of my programs. All files corrupt. First time for that, it is usually just 1 or 2.

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Originally posted by Benno@17 December 2003 - 21:40
    /ctcps on
    /raw on
    /events on
    in connect -> options -> perform
    can you tell me what that means and if it is good or bad?

Yeah go ahead, I just didn't post that part as it's not exactly necessary. The script will work on it's own.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast