Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mouse Probs..

krome's Avatar triplesix clubhouse
    Everytime I play quake 3 or ETW and i start shooting with the mouse sometimes my character looks up and starts spinning in circles... I dunno whats the problem cant seem to figure it out cause this aint no mouseball, I dont have that... Maybe you might know what it can be please lemme know...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Do you have a joypad, connected to your comp?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by callum@10 December 2003 - 15:43
    Do you have a joypad, connected to your comp?
    no

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Ex-member
    You're using an optical mouse, right? I think you're probably using the wrong kind of surface - either with a pattern or a colour that optical mice don't like.

Try using a plain (preferably blue) mousemat, or even a bit of paper. Avoid red and brown.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by Lamsey@10 December 2003 - 15:48
    You're using an optical mouse, right? I think you're probably using the wrong kind of surface - either with a pattern or a colour that optical mice don't like.

Try using a plain (preferably blue) mousemat, or even a bit of paper. Avoid red and brown.
    im using the DELL black ad MAT? so u think this might be its problem?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Are you using custom made/third partly drivers (non MS-default). If so uninstall it and use MS-default mouse driver.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by Ariel_001@10 December 2003 - 16:24
    Are you using custom made/third partly drivers (non MS-default). If so uninstall it and use MS-default mouse driver.
    not that i know of , i have done any updates on the mouse drivers, i just got this computer about a week ago..

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    update the game, I had the same problem, look in the forums for quake 3 and it tells you there, it might not be to update the game but im pretty sure thats it, and dont worry its a comon problem for allot of people. also check all your drivers are up to date like your graphics card and direct x.

i will go and have a look at the web site for you, just incase you are lazy

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by k-liteuserintheworld@10 December 2003 - 17:01
    update the game, I had the same problem, look in the forums for quake 3 and it tells you there, it might not be to update the game but im pretty sure thats it, and dont worry its a comon problem for allot of people. also check all your drivers are up to date like your graphics card and direct x.

i will go and have a look at the web site for you, just incase you are lazy
    both games already been updated plus directx 9 ati drivers, ect... imma see if i should change the mouse pad i dunno if it could be when i play i lift the mouse.. not sure, but thanks for u solutions, if anything eles please lemme know

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    also depends on wat mouse u ahve. newegg sells those $5 optical mice, and the reviews say that the pointer will jolt around all the time. in other words, not a good mouse for gaming. mine, i have 2. an ibm 1 that i'm keeping for later use. rite now, i'm using a free after rebate optical i got on black friday. works great with everything

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast