Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newsservers

Originally posted by muchspl2@11 December 2003 - 05:03
    do you use newsbin pro ?
    herd agent was the best, but I got this set up and it might take some time to look for something different
    and par files are the shit, I wish irc would have one or two with there download's
    pars files are like magic, how come no body every talks about them
    yeah, i use nbpro
    it does me fine, so i've never really researched other readers (except Grab It! (which is crap))

par files are pretty amazing, though par2 files are even better

a lot of people are moving on to the par2 files, you can repair a lot more data using par2's

what software do you use for the par files?
    i used to use smartPAR, but i use quickPAR now (mainly because it's got support for par2), and i find it better
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    muchspl2
    I used smart par, but I will get quickPAR for the added support of par2 just most have par1 I guess, this is all pretty new to me, but I love it &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

once I got it setup I added all the big channels in alt.binaries and look in one called alt.binaries.pen-penciles

they had big fish, hasn&#39;t came out yet, and beyond good and evil, and at the time was the only copy that was real

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Originally posted by muchspl2@11 December 2003 - 05:15
    they had big fish, hasn&#39;t came out yet, and beyond good and evil, and at the time was the only copy that was real
    generally, new films/music/games/apps are on newsgroups before anywhere else

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Double Agent
    but do you post anonymously? you know if you post with ur own connection the header shows ur real ip?

but then i guess isp doesn&#39;t check what&#39;s on their news server do they?

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@11 December 2003 - 05:38
    but do you post anonymously? you know if you post with ur own connection the header shows ur real ip?

but then i guess isp doesn&#39;t check what&#39;s on their news server do they?
    i&#39;ve never posted a binary on newsgroups before

please, don&#39;t start with your "i&#39;ve got anonx, it&#39;s great" shite anymore, i&#39;m sick of it

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    muchspl2
    yea no shit, stop with your propaganda
    besides who post on ng&#39;s ,I don&#39;t post shit, I just leech like your sopesed to
    I share in other ways

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Double Agent
    yay i got anonx and i am a post whore

take that

heheheee

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Haven&#39;t got started with newsgroups yet. B-News Plus (http://sourceforge.net/projects/bnews-plus/) was recommended to me elsewhere.

Anyone have any pros or cons?

Thanx.
    My Best Quality MoviesMy Live Concerts — [url='http://rapidshare.de/files/22222332/My_Shares.xls.html[/url]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12