Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Deviance-fairlight-razor911

jetje's Avatar former star
    These groups do it just for the fun and as a sport... It's the competition who gets something released 1st. As every hobby it may cost money, although they try to get everything sponsored or suplied for free.
    Most groups try to release before it hit the streets, they use connections in the suplier channels, hack or "borrow" just to be the 1st...

The intention isn't to get it wide spread, but if there is one sheep out on the net, others follow very fast
    So basicly it is just to beat the other release teams...

but as one said.... it's just nice for the p2p community B)

bntw in this article is some nice info about a relaese group the hunt and the reason

oh and one other thing, leave the personal vendetta's out please!!! And things on topic.

2. Games   -   #32
    Poster
    NICE article!

3. Games   -   #33
    To fairlight, razor and deviance, also Immersion, and other cracking/riping groups, thx, my life would suck without u
    -TiMz

4. Games   -   #34
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by Timz@12 December 2003 - 19:20
    To fairlight, razor and deviance, also Immersion, and other cracking/riping groups, thx, my life would suck without u
    amen. peace to the world. and god bless u guys.

5. Games   -   #35
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired

ROCKS!

Too bad they decided to stop...

6. Games   -   #36
    99.9% of the stuff i download i would never buy anyway. so the Co. are not losing from me.

But how do know who runs sites like nforce and the hundreds of german and other european websites that have verified hashes on them for the files on the eDonkey network or fasttrack.

Do we assume none of then are run by the release groups. i think most of them are. and they get paid by the advertisers.

Or even sites like sharereactor that are not run by the release groups might be willing to pay them something for giving them the edk2 link first before any other site. to get the bulk of the traffic for that file.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234