Thread: Weird Aim Icons

Poster
    Hi, I made an icon for me with Mr. Slave in it:

And the part the says 'Christth' is all messed up in the buddy window, so is the other text, but this is the worst part.

And I also made a buddy icon for my friend, and it messes up the same way, anyone know why it does this?

Im making it with Ulead GIF Animator 5.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    So only the text is messing up or even the picture?

I don't use AIM, but does it have the feature to have an animated (gif) image for buddy icon? If it doesnt then it will use only one frame of gif as a buddy icon.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    It does use GIF, and the picture sorta messes up.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by Mik3ll@11 December 2003 - 20:35
    It does use GIF, and the picture sorta messes up.
    I see. In that case check what size of icons Aim allows you to have. If they allow small size and you have a big animated gif then it might be auto-resized making it terrible. It might be in their FAQ under buddy icons or something.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    I made it the right size, it allows it to be 45x45 pixels.

But oh well, thanks for helping though, I made a new one, which my avatar, and it looks good.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by Mik3ll@11 December 2003 - 21:11
    I made it the right size, it allows it to be 45x45 pixels.

But oh well, thanks for helping though, I made a new one, which my avatar, and it looks good.
    No problem. Would have been glad if the problem can still be solved.

Does this picture work ok in Aim? Try adding any text to it as well and check.

Otherwise if you are just happy with it ignore it. I tend to keep doing it unless its solved