Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Isnt It Time We Developed Our Own P2p Network

It just seems to me that kazaa lite is proping up the fastrack network, i know alot of work go's into kazaa lite but wouldnt all this effort be better spent on a open source program which can have all things we want like privacy and partial filesharing, i know it would take effort but the fastrack network has really declined in quality and even the regulars around here dont use it too often.

My 2cents anyway. B)

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    cheers to that idea mate! feel the same way. it would be sweet if we could have an open source project and give our ideas and everything in to contribute.

please please consider this Kazaa Lite Mods.

and thats my 2 cents

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Not a bad idea but I don't know if it would be possible but a good idea

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    There are alot of (nonlite) Kazaa users that have quality content to share.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    FvKin GeniuS :D
    it wouldnt be possble it would have been done by now
    Board rule: max 500x150 Pixels (w x h)

https://filesharingtalk.com/sigs/albegaleeeee.jpg

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    wormless's Avatar Beauty
    like another p2p their should be a report thing where we say if its a fake the wrong song tht wud clear things upabit but it wud also be copying another p2p which i wont name unless u no or i have 2 mention. clue its like a sister to kazza

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by infamousalbo101@5 October 2003 - 04:27
    That doesnt make any sense, open source programs are everywhere bittorent is a good example.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    FvKin GeniuS :D
    Originally posted by junkyardking+5 October 2003 - 05:51--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (junkyardking @ 5 October 2003 - 05:51)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-infamousalbo101@5 October 2003 - 04:27
    That doesnt make any sense, open source programs are everywhere bittorent is a good example. [/b][/quote]
    yea but open sourced p2p progs cant connect to fasttrack
    Board rule: max 500x150 Pixels (w x h)

https://filesharingtalk.com/sigs/albegaleeeee.jpg

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Poster
    Lots of people may want this, but basically nobody (here) knows how to do it... me included.

At best, I can give the occassional good idea and point to examples of what NOT to do.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Originally posted by wormless@5 October 2003 - 04:35
    like another p2p their should be a report thing where we say if its a fake the wrong song tht wud clear things upabit but it wud also be copying another p2p which i wont name unless u no or i have 2 mention. clue its like a sister to kazza
    Well there is shareaza it has what they call ghost files when you delete a file it asks for comments ect and creates a small ghost file that displays the comment ect when someone searches for it.

I do understand the difficulty of starting from scratch, but on here i see more and more people complaining about not finding sources or corrupted files and there is only so much hacking the code can do.

I&#39;ve also seen quite a few plans to copy the fastracknetwork and make the model far better but alot turned to vapourware and others have progressed so slowly that there not getting anywhere.

If sharman networks were to really rework there program it may breath life into it, but there are no signs of that, sharmans are trying to get the RIAA and MPAA onside by promoting there DRM Altnet network business model and would like to kill of fasttrack all together.

I just see it better to be proactive and create somthing new instead of waiting on sharmans to bring the network uptodate which they most likley wont do or discontinue any support for the network.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast