Thread: Can Someone Please Help Me!

I recently bought a liteon DVD/CD Writer, and installed it myself using the directions...

Well ever since then, when i try to use ANY of my burning software (NTI Platinum, Record Now 4.73, Windows Media Player, Roxie CD Creator) None of them recognize the drive...

MY QUESTION IS WHERE ON MY PC (OS=WIN XP) CAN I SETUP MY E: DRIVE TO RECOGNIZE THOSE PROGRAMS OR ALLOW IT TO WORK?

PLEASE HELP...

by the way i am able to record a CD using Record Now, every time i go to play the burned cd, the cd pauses for about 3 seconds every 15 seconds... and i have tried 4 different types of CDR's...

well i hope you can help.\

thank you all

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    If the burning programs are old versions, get the new ones, i think the software has to have a record of the writer in order to recognise it, so if the drive is newer than the software it might not work.
    Otherwise...
    Did you install any drivers that came with the writer? Check for updated drivers on the manufacturers website, and maybe check for updated firmware.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Get your self a copy of Nero burning rom 6 and it will detect your burner fine

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by KARLOZ25@KAZAA@11 December 2003 - 00:51

Well ever since then, when i try to use ANY of my burning software (NTI Platinum, Record Now 4.73, Windows Media Player, Roxie CD Creator) None of them recognize the drive...

Burning programs use aspi drivers to communicate with the burner. Download Adaptec 4.71 aspi drivers here.

The download includes ASPICHK, which is a checking utility. Run it first to see if the aspi drivers are working properly,if not then install the 4.71 drivers.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I think you've got too much burning software on your system. I heard that Record Now clashes with many other apps. Get rid of it and use Nero 6.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    WELL GUESS WHAT?

I WENT TO THERE WEBSITE AND DOWNLOADED THERE FILMWARE AND INSTALLED IT, AND NOW MY BURNER WORKS FINE!

THANKS ALL!