Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doom Iii

I just downloaded the Unofficial Doom III E3 Demo last night and was curious if anyone has ever actually got the demo running ?

I seem to end up with a full screen 'strobe' effect after modifying the cfg.
    ABIT NF7s--Athlon 2800--80gbMaxtor--41gbIBM--1024DDRpc3200--PowCol9800XT--Pioneer106DVD/RW--PlextorCD/RW--SonyDVD

2. Games   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    *) The leak consist on 3 different levels, if you wanna choose them type the following:
    map e3\e3_1 (For first level)
    map e3\e3_2 (For second level)
    map e3\e3_3 (For third level)

*)Once you are on fisrt level, after typing map e3\e3_1 on the console in the main menu, down the console again by pressing ~ and type:

com_drawfps 1 (Draw FPS (obvious))

Seta R_varmegs x (x is the number of ram that you want Doom 3 to run with)

seta r_usestandardgl 1

seta r_shadows 0 (Adds 15 fps to the game)

image_anisotropy 0 (adds a bit of fps)

8) Cheats: Type them at the console:

Give weapon_plasmagun
    Give weapon_bfg
    Give weapon_chainsaw
    Give weapon_rocketlauncher
    Give weapon_flare
    bind f flashlight

3. Games   -   #3
    Thanks for taking the time to give me some feedback apolloof320 but,

I still can't get past the loading screens (strobe). Can you tell me if you applied the patch that came with it and what cfg file you edited? I'm doing everything that's suggested in the readme's
    ABIT NF7s--Athlon 2800--80gbMaxtor--41gbIBM--1024DDRpc3200--PowCol9800XT--Pioneer106DVD/RW--PlextorCD/RW--SonyDVD

4. Games   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    I didn't install any patch nor did I edit any file. I don't know why u would have to do any of that. Visit this site maybe u will find your answer http://www.evem.org.au/evem/archives/games...ked_by_ati.html. Just scrool down a little and u will see lots of messages.

5. Games   -   #5
    What do you meen strobe effect ??

If you have an nvidia card download this program.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/braddockx2/NVEmulate.exe

and put a tick in the first box.

6. Games   -   #6
    Thanx again for the feedback, sounds very promising, I'll post back later with results.

I edited the cfg file as suggested in the text files that came with it, I must have a later version as there was a patch () included and also a second cfg file.

Gonna start from scratch now based on your info.

EditDuh , silly me........forgot to quote my card "G Force 4 Ti 4600 128ddr")

7. Games   -   #7
    Sorted Thanks to all.

After reading the posts on www.evem.org (thx v m apolloof320) I got some older nvidia drivers and I now have the demo running. The graphics and sound fx are absolutely gobsmacking. I'll edit the cfg now that I actually have it running.

Cheers again

8. Games   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by **GASHA**@12 December 2003 - 16:38
    Sorted Thanks to all.

After reading the posts on www.evem.org (thx v m apolloof320) I got some older nvidia drivers and I now have the demo running. The graphics and sound fx are absolutely gobsmacking. I'll edit the cfg now that I actually have it running.

Cheers again
    CAn you post some pics?

9. Games   -   #9
    Sure I'll gladly post some screenshots later when my wee boy stops playing Budgie the bloody Helicopter then I can get to the comp, on my laptop at the mo. Doom III on here with 256ram and a 32mb Ge-Force 2 Go would be like a picture gallery if it ran at all.

Uploadit.org only lets you do 5 images each go....so thats all for now.

The screenshots don't really capture the experience you get while playing, if only I could attach sound to the images (no flash here ) .

10. Games   -   #10
    Poster
    its easy to get running i was playing it earlier.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast