Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Kids Are Alright

oldmancan's Avatar Poster
    A couple of days ago Gutter started a thread "What's wrong with kids these days". I got a good chuckle out of the picture he posted and the responses. I didn't post anything at the time but the thought has stuck with me.

What is wrong with kids these days? Nothing!!! Sure times have changed, but I don't think people have changed much. Time and space seem to have little to do with it. Nor do race creed or colour. There are good folk and bad folk and most of us are somewhere in between.

There have been trouble makers forever. Perhaps we are just inundated with news reports or pictures, making us more aware. Maybe its just the numbers - more people, means that there are more bad people.

I just want to say that Kids today are Alright. Sure the whole hormone thing makes a mess of things. And just like the rest of us, kids make mistakes especially when they are just trying new things.

Just be realistic and give the kids a break. Try saying "hi" instead of looking away or crossing the street to avoid them. Make a connection instead of a barrier.

To all the teens, peace.

omc

2. Lounge   -   #2
    razorsharp013's Avatar Fountain of Wit
    So kids have always shot eachother over drugs and shoes. Oh good, I feel a lot better now.

*sarcasm attached*

3. Lounge   -   #3
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I agree with Oldman. The kids of today are not really any different.(Except that wee ba* that keeps knocking my door). The majority of todays kids are good as was the majority when I was younger.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    wormless's Avatar Beauty
    lol

im 23 and i went to buy 25g of backy for my bf when the woman was trying to hurry me out the shop just goes to show i dont look 23 is wicked being me X im young for my age!

5. Lounge   -   #5
    It wasn't that ling ago since I was in high school I am 25 and haven't been a teen in 7 years. In that short time things have horribly worse off. And I grew up in Brooklyn NY, not the greatest of all neighborhoods. Parents are getting younger and younger, kids are getting to smart for their own good to soon, and the darker sides of life are to easily available to them thanks to the information age we now live in. Sure there has always been the "bad crowd" and "bad kids" and trouble makers, but it is not like it used to be. When I was in school the worst thing that could happen was a fist fight after school. Now kids are killing eachother. And for teachers it's worse. Many are scared to death of their students, and rightfully so. I feel so bad for those who dedicate their lives to the education of our children who are being treated like that. Kids are not allowed to really be disciplined anymore by anyone, including their own parents. The good parents out there who care, their hands are tied. Kids today have to many rights and they know it.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Mr JP Fugley, no I'm not, these guys are tho'

razorsharp013, no I'm not saying that drugs and killing for shoes have always been teen activities. I think those are the effects of a deteriorating social fabric. What I'm saying is the kids (teens) are not the cause of the problem. They are caught up in the problem for sure, but so are we all. Btw, nice to see you around again.

Cheers, omc

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    It's so weird...I'm only 20, and even I have the feeling sometimes I'm losing contact with my nieces and nephews who are 12-13 years old..

Then I just talk to them for an hour and i'm up to date again

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Can't be done. A parent even looks at their child the wrong way it's called abuse now a days. That's the problem. The kids are not alright and it's only going to get worse, and the rest of society esspecially here in the US aren't much better.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Damn kids. I feel so old right now.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    razorsharp013, I agree that the current state of affairs is deplorable. Certainly, the sheer volume of violent behavior has increased. But, while I grew up in a mild mannered suburban community (in the friendliest country - Canada) there was stuff going on, out of sight, that was worse than what you describe in your experience in Brooklyn.

The scariest to me were the inbtweens, 11, 12, 13 olds. Get of swarm of them after ya with clubs and chains. Lucky to live through it.

I'll grant you that teens have a lack of experience (part of my point) and therefore lack some ability to understand consequences of their actions.

Arrg! gotta go. My bottom line: The Kids are Alright.

cheers omc

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast