Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Urgent: Everyone Switch On Supernode Setting!

Yes i did maybe ill look again for the correct option
    Jason

Click it, just one click, click it I know ya want to
    http://www.supportcave.com/

2. File Sharing   -   #32
    Poster
    Originally posted by Switeck@16 December 2003 - 08:36
    Firstly, not EVERYONE should turn on the supernode function.

Only those with at least 4 KB/sec upload to spare and probably 20+ KB/sec download to spare (not that that's a problem if you can't find files to download...)

We need GOOD supernodes, not ones that overload when 100+ connections are made to it per second!

Do NOT turn on become a supernode if on Win 95, 98, 98SE, or ME! They are not designed to handle more than 100 connections at once, the MINIMUM for an ok supernode. (Let alone a GOOD one which might have 200+ nodes connected to it&#33

ALSO, get an updated anti-RIAA blocklist and turn on RIAA blocking. THEN, everyone who's connected as a node to you will be safer from the RIAA even if they themselves are NOT blocking RIAA's ips!
    Problem is that KLite was released with the supernode option off by default, which ment that our network was just a bunch of clients connecting to Kazaa Supernodes.

When you tell klite to become a supernode it doesn't automatically mean you will be one - kazaa and klite only allow users with enough bandwidth and power to become a supernode, so turn it on and expect to loose a little speed - if you loose too much speed, then thats because not enough people are set up as a supernode, and lots and lots of people are using yours, so my advice for people who cant use supernode all the time is to switch it on at night when they are asleep - at least you know you are helping the best you can then.

Do not use the force option either - its for testers.

3. File Sharing   -   #33
    Poster
    Originally posted by mcrosby@18 December 2003 - 22:21
    Do not use the force option either - its for testers.
    Correct, I don't want just anyone and everyone using force supernode option.

It'll be even WORSE than the situation we have already.

4. File Sharing   -   #34
    Poster
    DO NOT click force become a supernode, That will not work and just stop you from connecting to the network.

go to Options>kazaa lite K++ options>Advance tab> and untick the box next to 'do not function as a supernode'

5. File Sharing   -   #35
    There is something i dont understand. You are saying that my kazaa lite, by default doesent work as a supernode, but when i install kazaa lite 2.4.3 build 1 the box were it says do not funktion as a supernode is already unchecked, does this mean that some of the kazaa lite are by default supernodes.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234