Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Urgent: Everyone Switch On Supernode Setting!

Poster
    Kazaa Lite has supernode off by default in its settings, and the new Kazaa is no longer communicating with "older clients", therefore we wont have a network if we don't all switch on our supernode option right now, because we have been using the official kazaa's supernodes beforehand, so switch on the option now and hopefully we can save our network! :-)

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    There are like dozens of posts already on this topic and guess what, many people have already turned this option on but it won't save our network, it will just postpone its end.

I havn't used K-Lite in a really long time because I don't need it anymore, there are better P2P networks out there. If Sharmon Networks wants to have its crapy P2P network back, then so be it. FastTrack is filled with fakes, viruses and RIAA spies anyway, so why would any smart person want to join it?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Double Agent
    klite looks fine to me...

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@11 December 2003 - 17:28
    klite looks fine to me...

for now...

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by MadDog-2000@11 December 2003 - 21:09
    There are like dozens of posts already on this topic and guess what, many people have already turned this option on but it won't save our network, it will just postpone its end.

I havn't used K-Lite in a really long time because I don't need it anymore, there are better P2P networks out there. If Sharmon Networks wants to have its crapy P2P network back, then so be it. FastTrack is filled with fakes, viruses and RIAA spies anyway, so why would any smart person want to join it?
    How do you propose that switching supernode on will postpone its end? If the kl community seperates from the KMD community, we will have a higher quality p2p network, as generally, the quality files are shared via klite clients. So our sub-network on FastTrack will be not-so-full of fakes. Those who use KMD and don't take necessary precautions (PGIPDB, Firewall), are the people RIAA is most likely to catch, as they are careless.

But, you do have a point. Some other P2P networks are not as full of viruses/trojans/fakes/corrupted files as fast track, yet they do not have as many quality files avaliable for download.

So, its a tradeoff. If we move our files, we, in turn, move the crap files with us indirectly. If we dont, klite will eventually become filled with crap files.

On other P2P networks: We seed the other p2p networks with our quality files. But then, those networks recieve more crap files because more people are connecting to them.

On Kazaa: We create a sub-network on FastTrack network, More quality files and at the same time, less crap files, and then patch klite to only accept other Klite clients, therefore reducing the amount of quality files on regular KMD drasticly, causing KMD users to move to different p2p networks due to the lack of quality files on sharman KMD. As sharman generates profits via ad-ware/spy-ware bundled with KMD, and profits are based soley on their customer base, the company will eventually go out of business when not enough users use KMD.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    I just checked my Klite++. It had over 3 million users, connected, did a search and downloaded just like usual. ???????????

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    It's been reported that KMD 2.6 will not even recognize KL supernodes. If this is correct then turning on supernode is akin to spitting into the wind.

Do any of the mods or devs know if this is true? Will KL supernodes even be recognized? Thanx.
    My Best Quality MoviesMy Live Concerts — [url='http://rapidshare.de/files/22222332/My_Shares.xls.html[/url]

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by guit_steel@12 December 2003 - 12:41
    It's been reported that KMD 2.6 will not even recognize KL supernodes. If this is correct then turning on supernode is akin to spitting into the wind.

Do any of the mods or devs know if this is true? Will KL supernodes even be recognized? Thanx.
    Yes bij other K-Lite users...

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Originally posted by guit_steel@12 December 2003 - 12:41
    It's been reported that KMD 2.6 will not even recognize KL supernodes.  If this is correct then turning on supernode is akin to spitting into the wind.

Do any of the mods or devs know if this is true?  Will KL supernodes even be recognized?  Thanx.
    Yes, by other k-lite users, older versions of kazaa, Grockster, iMesh....

Its nice to see so many k-lite ++ users downloading from me (must be in excess of 60% at moment)...and the files im downloading?....the speed is down slightly, the quality of the files is way up...

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Then I'll leave the node on since I'm only interested in sharing my files with KL users anyway. This may be better in a way since there will be less leeching. I rarely dl from FT so it'll be nice to know that the files I supply for ul are going to those committed to sharing.
    My Best Quality MoviesMy Live Concerts — [url='http://rapidshare.de/files/22222332/My_Shares.xls.html[/url]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast