Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Clocker!

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@11 December 2003 - 19:50
    Does the heatsink fan blow air through the heatsink or pull air up?
    Typically, I believe they blow air in, although I'm sure there are exceptions.

If you could effectively enclose the HSF area I'm sure that their would be enough airflow/heat to move a pinwheel or something.
    actually, are there any heat-to-light converters? i could make a light which would have its brightness go up as the cpu or vid chip got hotter
    Yes there are.
    We call them lightbulbs.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    my cuz learned this the hard way:

he wanted to feel the cpu fan while it was on (if it was blowing out, then the fan blades would be at the back end of rotation, and it wouldnt harm him if he put his finger on the fan

unfortunately, as this was an intake fan (as most tipically are), the blades were spinning contrary to his belief, and he lost a chunk of skin on his finger (remember, any fan at 4000rpm hurts, even if its made of foam&#33

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by atiVidia@11 December 2003 - 22:24
    this is simply a crazy way to do silent cooling, and possibly get something cooked on the copper plate labeled "4"

max efficiency (i think) if all major heat sources combined (HDD, Processor, RAM, vid chip+ vid RAM, mobo chipset
    A brilliant idea.

Tea and toast.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    SciManAl's Avatar Hardware guy
    hey guys i was sick for about a with demonia, but i am back...

this sounds intresting altividi (or whatever you name is), however i have to say this, you will not make enough pressure with any form of steam at this scale to power a turbane... sorry to burst your buble, but i have tried it already... unless you want 2-5 volts... as for the cooling everything idea, that is something i have almost finished. It works well, very well. make your aims for these qaulities:

1) All heat gets outside the case, ALL heat, PSU, CPU, VID, HARDDRIVE, etc

2) Quiet, this method can make silent PCs that have very good cooling qualties

3) for a liqaud water will not work, unless you lett the devise you are cooling to get hot enough to boil the water... now if you research alittle you will want to find a liquad that will evaporate at as close to room temprature as possible, the point at wich it boils will be the overall temps of the system... then the liqaud would come up into a bigass passive copper heatsink... were it wil condense... also you will want to have lots of liqaud in the system as a buffer to make sure there is water touching hot stoff at al times...

3) regular water cooling parts won't work... allot of this wil have to be custom fab.

4) have fun!

ok, this is what i have to say on the topic...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    look's like kichen

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Originally posted by raiserblade2003+11 December 2003 - 22:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (raiserblade2003 @ 11 December 2003 - 22:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-3rd gen noob@11 December 2003 - 22:31
    ok, i just did a little bit of rough figures there, and i think that if you wanted to boil 25 grams of water then you&#39;d need 13338J of energy

which would take a 2000W kettle (working at max efficiency) approx 7 seconds to boil

maybe this idea isn&#39;t so unfeasible&nbsp;
    you lost me at the
    13338J of energy

which would take a 2000W kettle (working at max efficiency) approx 7 seconds to boil
    [/b][/quote]
    why?
    are my figures wrong? :">
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob+12 December 2003 - 14:09--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3rd gen noob @ 12 December 2003 - 14:09)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by raiserblade2003@11 December 2003 - 22:57
    <!--QuoteBegin-3rd gen noob
    @11 December 2003 - 22:31
    ok, i just did a little bit of rough figures there, and i think that if you wanted to boil 25 grams of water then you&#39;d need 13338J of energy

maybe this idea isn&#39;t so unfeasible

you lost me at the
    13338J of energy

why?
    are my figures wrong? :"> [/b][/quote]
    no, he&#39;s not as good at math or chem as u r

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Originally posted by atiVidia@12 December 2003 - 18:45
    no, he&#39;s not as good at math or chem as u r
    oh, ok
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    Bump&#33;

Any success?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    SciManAl's Avatar Hardware guy
    i doubt he has as far as generating power... but that is just a guess ok sorry for being critical, but my mind screams no...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123