Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Energy Use

fast replys livy jeez, heh. Yeah, we were gonna try to lan a little on the way to the lake, its a ways out. Hmm... where would you mount that thing outside, roof or somthin?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    i can come up with 3 ides where to put it, get a mount or something welded to the rear and put it there, on the roof,(prob not a good idea) or on a trailer. but best idea would be on the back. but im not sure if it would last as the electronics in them are usually pretty sensitive and packed in foam stuff so they dont get affected by vibrations, not sure if anything would happen. or if its legal etc.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Theres another bus that maybe has a bathroom, how would that work? Seal it off and give it some outside venelation..

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    Originally posted by x_gimpg@12 December 2003 - 01:06
    Theres another bus that maybe has a bathroom, how would that work? Seal it off and give it some outside venelation..
    not to sure, but i would imagine if you had a exhaust extension made, properly, so that it goes outside, should be ok, but i wouldnt seal it off, still keep the acces via the door so you can acces it, although still not sure about legal issues of it.

also i would def make sure the exhaust gasses are going outisde as you know want to be breathing fumes.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Yeah thats y i though about sealing it but doesnt sound good, easier to exhaust it outside. Might actually work, woo!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    Originally posted by x_gimpg@12 December 2003 - 01:11
    Yeah thats y i though about sealing it but doesnt sound good, easier to exhaust it outside. Might actually work, woo!
    but you will also need to make sure its getting a supply of fresh air also as it will need it to run, and keep cool.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Wow this is a weird thread...lol newayz..Just a motherboard requires 350watts? Or is that what they recommend for a system? Cuz I was gona buy a Case that came with a 300Watt Truepower PSU..I wouldnt run much off of it tho..just one optical drive and a HDD.
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    No i kept editing my posts cuz i didnt want to make new ones and it got all screwy.. A high grade mobo takes around 85 watts i found out

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    Stop trying to figure how much current a mobo will draw. That's called an exercise in futility.

Look at your PCs power supply(the sticker on it). Look at your monitor. It will state how many watts of current they will draw. I don't know about elsewhere but here in the US, electronics are required to state this on the cabinet and/or label.

It's not rocket science. Just add up the watts and get the appropriate wattage generator. (and yes, venting your exhaust outside would be wise/lifesaving)

FYI: A CRT monitor will draw much more current than a PC or printer or anything else. An LCD monitor doesn't draw near that of a CRT monitor though.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    a crt monitor will only draw about 130watt as ive already said, infact my 17" flat crt draws about 110w.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast