Thread: When A Download Is Finished

Poster
    when i leave it open, i have a 1mb connection will it play with my other download`s speed if i wack it up so it can uploads lots and fast.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    no I don't think so I think it has to be from the same file if thats what you mean. the more you upload the more faster it will get but it has to be the same file your downloading

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Hi,

Trying to cheat the system?

Really it doesnt matter how much you upload, it is not going to help your download rate.
    <span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>VEGASGUY</span></span>

CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON PRIVATE BT TRACKER&#33;

<span style='color:red'>Proud Fasttracker member</span>

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    I can&#39;t blame you, got a new policy.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Upload as much as you want, if the speed isant free comming from the other peers, you are not going to get anywhere. Just set it to unlimited, and then once its done leave it open for say 6 hours, and then cap it at half, and leave it going, until you are fed up

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by vegasguy@12 December 2003 - 00:52
    Hi,

Really it doesnt matter how much you upload, it is not going to help your download rate.
    I don&#39;t think he meant to cheat the system. He merely asked if it would affect his other downloads. To me sounded as if wanted to allow a higher upload rate and was curious as to how/if any effect it would have.

Nonetheless it&#39;s always good to keep seeding at least until the amount of seeders increase. You don&#39;t want to be the only seeder and close, that leaves others in limbo.
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Originally posted by CornerPocket+12 December 2003 - 15:04--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CornerPocket @ 12 December 2003 - 15:04)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-vegasguy@12 December 2003 - 00:52
    Hi,

I don&#39;t think he meant to cheat the system. He merely asked if it would affect his other downloads. To me sounded as if wanted to allow a higher upload rate and was curious as to how/if any effect it would have.

Nonetheless it&#39;s always good to keep seeding at least until the amount of seeders increase. You don&#39;t want to be the only seeder and close, that leaves others in limbo. [/b][/quote]
    CP is right, Bittorent is a great tool. The only weakness will be if people will kill their torrents as soon as they&#39;re finished. If we all do this well... people will abandon bittorrent as p2p tool...

Bittorrent only works if you seed as much as you can, i always go for the 1:1 ratio, but before leaving then i always check if there are seeders left and how much others have left to dl... B)