Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Of Us Soliders Shooting

FatBastard
    When I was a little kid my father used to tell me a story about WW2. "When the British bombed, the Germans ducked, when the Germans bombed, the British ducked, but when the Americans bombed, everybody ducked." I never really understood that until years later, when I realised what he meant. More British servicemen were killed by American "Friendly Fire" during the Gulf War than by the Iraqis. They are well known for it. Friendly fire does not just mean killing allied troops, to bomb a village and kill innocent civilians is also friendly fire.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #72
    Originally posted by FatBastard@17 December 2003 - 01:52
    "When the British bombed, the Germans ducked, when the Germans bombed, the British ducked, but when the Americans bombed, everybody ducked."
    i've never heard that before

it is pretty sad when you think about it though
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. The Drawing Room   -   #73
    Poster
    Originally posted by hobbes@16 December 2003 - 15:42

We are fighting a new type of war, with very low casualties on our side, it therefore makes the friendly fire death proportion stand out. As the Pentagon says "we are working on it". Compare 150 deaths in this war with 300,000 in world war 2, this is a good thing if you are a US soldier.
    There is no comparison to WW2 that was a war, Iraq is a skirmish, only the US would make a fuss about. When Britain took back the Falklands from Argentina
    there was a damn sight more fighting than the piddling little Iraq war, and there was a lot less fuss and chest thumping like you get from the US.
    Man U fer eva

4. The Drawing Room   -   #74
    Originally posted by FatBastard@17 December 2003 - 03:52
    When I was a little kid my father used to tell me a story about WW2. "When the British bombed, the Germans ducked, when the Germans bombed, the British ducked, but when the Americans bombed, everybody ducked." I never really understood that until years later, when I realised what he meant. More British servicemen were killed by American "Friendly Fire" during the Gulf War than by the Iraqis. They are well known for it. Friendly fire does not just mean killing allied troops, to bomb a village and kill innocent civilians is also friendly fire.
    And without the help of Americans, you would have been exterminated.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #75
    Originally posted by hobbes@17 December 2003 - 02:09
    and if it hadn&#39;t of been for pearl harbour, you pussies might never have come in

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

6. The Drawing Room   -   #76
    Originally posted by billyfridge+17 December 2003 - 04:08--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (billyfridge &#064; 17 December 2003 - 04:08)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@16 December 2003 - 15:42

We are fighting a new type of war, with very low casualties on our side, it therefore makes the friendly fire death proportion stand out. As the Pentagon says "we are working on it". Compare 150 deaths in this war with 300,000 in world war 2, this is a good thing if you are a US soldier.
    There is no comparison to WW2 that was a war, Iraq is a skirmish, only the US would make a fuss about. When Britain took back the Falklands from Argentina
    there was a damn sight more fighting than the piddling little Iraq war, and there was a lot less fuss and chest thumping like you get from the US. [/b][/quote]
    What is your point? When has the US ever thumped it&#39;s chest?

Resistance in the Falkland Islands.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #77
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob+17 December 2003 - 04:11--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3rd gen noob @ 17 December 2003 - 04:11)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@17 December 2003 - 02:09
    and if it hadn&#39;t of been for pearl harbour, you pussies might never have come in [/b][/quote]
    Wrong war, read the posts.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #78
    Originally posted by hobbes+17 December 2003 - 02:18--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 17 December 2003 - 02:18)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob@17 December 2003 - 04:11
    <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes
    @17 December 2003 - 02:09

and if it hadn&#39;t of been for pearl harbour, you pussies might never have come in
    Wrong war, read the posts. [/b][/quote]
    WW2 and Pearl Harbour?

9. The Drawing Room   -   #79
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Originally posted by hobbes@17 December 2003 - 04:09
    Edit: Nevermind, I thought we were talking about WW2.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

10. The Drawing Room   -   #80
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob+17 December 2003 - 04:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3rd gen noob @ 17 December 2003 - 04:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by hobbes@17 December 2003 - 02:18
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob@17 December 2003 - 04:11
    <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes
    @17 December 2003 - 02:09

Wrong war, read the posts.
    WW2 and Pearl Harbour? [/b][/quote]
    Not at all what I was talking about. Let the British free Kuwait by itself. So many more deaths would have occured than the regretful handful by US forces.

We never needed UK assistance, it was more of a political gesture. The opposite is less than true.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast