Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not Enough Users ...

Well everytime I download mostly it needs more users....
    *sigh* KL was a good P2P program...

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Perhaps the most of the files you're d/loading are rare. Change your supernode.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    perhaps kazza is dying

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Example.... A 2Pac song = 40 users + I download it = Need more users so yes Kazaa is dying

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    --Spam--
    I have noticed a drastic decrease in users since K-Lite got busted.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    The new 2.6 Kazaa (official version) is favouring 2.6 version supernodes, and anything before 2.6 is unable to obtain a good connection to normal supernodes based on Kazaa Lite.

If you want Kazaa Lite to keep going, we MUST all switch on our supernodes, otherwise the official Kazaa is going to wipe the floor with us. :-(

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Im scared that the Riaa !! might catch me

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Mark said, "If you want Kazaa Lite to keep going, we MUST all switch on our supernodes, otherwise the official Kazaa is going to wipe the floor with us."
    To which comment Spock4 replied, "I'm scared that the Riaa !! might catch me."

Would it help for a few people to simply connect K-Lite without sharing any files but enabling the SuperNode optional control? Perhaps this kind of service may become an ALTERNATIVE to sharing lots of files for some participants. I don't know what Clients to SuperNodes ratio has been typical for FastTrack. Perhaps the experts can explain if one SuperNode per hundred clients would enable survival of the old-specification FastTrack network. To the best of my understanding, people sharing no files but serving as KaZaa SuperNodes have not been targeted for RIAA attacks. Would this approach help? If so. would sharing no files but serving as a SuperNode be comparatively safe? Well informed opinions requested.
    Tenor Singer

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    I think you're all making a big mistake.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    internet.news
    Originally posted by Spock4@12 December 2003 - 06:41
    Well everytime I download mostly it needs more users....
    *sigh* KL was a good P2P program...
    Cheers, that is probably the end of K-Lite!

User dropped out to 2.6 million really fast.

Ok, but I will still use K-Lite on sundays. I will also see if Soulseek will do,
    although Slsk hangs on my computer.

Probably emuleplus? I tried it but to few users, probably now more?

I will see where most people will go.

And really sharing never ends

Yeah, I will enable SN next time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast