Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Joined Date

Jayhawk's Avatar Rock Chalk Jayhawk BT Rep: +5
    I don't know if this might be a bad idea or not possiable but instead of having stars for posts could it be for how long you been registered at the board. So someone who has been here a year would have more stars than someone who has been here for a month. Just an idea i will shut up now.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Sounds good, but don't think it will happen.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    BANNED
    i don't think its good well mabe it does it makes more sense than the current set up

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    Originally posted by KwahyaJ@12 December 2003 - 04:01
    I don't know if this might be a bad idea or not possible but instead of having stars for posts could it be for how long you been registered at the board. So someone who has been here a year would have more stars than someone who has been here for a month. Just an idea i will shut up now.
    Definitely, is one way of giving seniority. But many people have registered their name and hardly used it. They show up after 6-8 months and using this will make them senior.

The point is, one should not refer to post count or stars for the credibility of the answers from that person. The answers/solution itself should reflect that. You gain respect and credibility automatically by making useful posts and not just pointless posts.

But for the general mass, the stars will always be an attraction i guess.

Edit: spelling argh!
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    i just thought it would be more appropriate expecially since we are trying to get people away from whoring the board to get them 5 stars.

i dont know just random thoughts popping into my head i really need to work on thinking less.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    All a person has to do is read what is in my SIG and take it from there.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    Originally posted by KwahyaJ@12 December 2003 - 04:07
    i just thought it would be more appropriate expecially since we are trying to get people away from whoring the board to get them 5 stars.

i dont know just random thoughts popping into my head i really need to work on thinking less.
    Its always good to think&#33; Many of the unknown solutions pop up which is good&#33; The problem starts when you stop thinking
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    Originally posted by I.am@12 December 2003 - 03:06

Definitely, is one way of giving seniority. But many people have registered their name and hardly used it. They show up after 6-8 months and using this will make them senior.

The point is, one should not refer to post count or stars for the credibility of the answers from that person. The answers/solution itself should reflect that. You gain respect and credibility automatically by making useful posts and just pointless posts.

But for the general mass, the stars will always be an attraction i guess.

Edit: spelling argh&#33;
    but my thinking is the mods and admins are trying to get us from worrying about getting those stars or how many posts we can get right? So make it something we have no control over. Cause i much rather know how long a person has been at the forum than how many times he can post. But Maybe thats just me

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    You still have an option to see the Joined Date. But people to choose to see the stars and get biased by it. Unless the star system altogether is removed/replaced, there are no solutions to this. But I know what you are saying and the points are valid. Just the solution has its own problems as well.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    yeah i guess nothing will ever be perfect and everyone cant be happy

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast