Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Wmd Reminder

Poster
    hobbes

A sensible reply, thanks for that.

So do you feel that the USA / UK acted in breach of the Geneva convention ? Did they deliberately chose targets as outlined in article 54 (as quoted by your good self) ? Did they do it for the specific purposes as outlined in said article ?

I take it that we are accepting breach of something prohibited by said convention as being de facto illegal.

Love the sig BTW.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #42
    Originally posted by J'Pol@14 December 2003 - 01:38
    hobbes

A sensible reply, thanks for that.

So do you feel that the USA / UK acted in breach of the Geneva convention ? Did they deliberately chose targets as outlined in article 54 (as quoted by your good self) ? Did they do it for the specific purposes as outlined in said article ?

I take it that we are accepting breach of something prohibited by said convention as being de facto illegal.

Love the sig BTW.
    Rat claims that we did and will give links tomorrow. He made some sort of comment about "kids" and being short on time today. I can only assume he meant that he is in the act of giving birth at the moment.

As to the sig., I find it strange that I understood the meaning of that phrase the first time I heard it, although I had no clue to it's literal translation.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

3. The Drawing Room   -   #43
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    As an appendix to Hobbes's definition of the phrase "Beyond The Pale"...

I always took the expression to deliniate the archaic geographical boundries separating British Rule from the rest of Ireland.

"The Pale" was generally within Dublin and her suburbs but expanded and contracted with varying brutality.

Pale, in Irish history, that district of indefinite and varying limits around Dublin, in which English law prevailed. The term was first used in the 14th cent. to designate what had previously been called English land. Outlying districts were styled the marches, or border lands. In the time of Henry VIII the Pale extended N from Dublin to Dundalk and c.20 mi (32 km) inland from the coast. It disappeared in the ensuing years as the English control of the whole of Ireland was made effective. There was another English Pale in France, comprising Calais and the surrounding area, until 1558. In Russia the Pale designated those regions in which Jews were allowed to live. The Jewish Pale was established in 1792, when it comprised the areas annexed from Poland in the first partition. The area was extended (partly as a result of further annexations), but even within the Pale the Jewish population was subjected to many restrictions. Most of these were in force until the Russian Revolution of 1917.

Source: Allrefer.com

4. The Drawing Room   -   #44
    You are correct Chalice, but I was up against signature rules.

My sig contains the barest of essentials, as it is 480 characters out of a maximum of 500.

I could have linked the source, but I am keeping it myself so that I can post other things from it which make me appear learned.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #45
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by hobbes@13 December 2003 - 21:56
    .....the source, but I am keeping it myself so that I can post other things from it which make me appear learned.
    Uh-oh.

(I though I was the only one to do that.)
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #46
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by j2k4+14 December 2003 - 02:01--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4 @ 14 December 2003 - 02:01)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@13 December 2003 - 21:56
    .....the source, but I am keeping it myself so that I can post other things from it which make me appear learned.
    Uh-oh.

(I though I was the only one to do that.) [/b][/quote]
    I can still tell who&#39;s

-the little boy using their moms computer
    -the college student who thinks he&#39;s smarter than everyone else
    -the introverted geek that has this forum as his ONLY outlet
    -the fat guy that masturbates whenever he gets the chance and typed his responses with sticky fingers&nbsp;
    -the philosophical intellectual that doesn&#39;t necessarily think he&#39;s smarter than everyone but loves to use big or seldom used words (to SEEM smarter) and will be quick to point out grammatical and spelling errrors.
    And some appearances can be deceiving
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. The Drawing Room   -   #47
    With your unique ability to make such revelations do you practice catoptromancy, at all?

By the way, you misspelled "errror", old bean. Quite ironic and all that&#33; Is there perchance another reason that it is misspelled, perhaps the key is a bit, umm, sticky, no?

Why, at all, would you think I&#39;m a Greek?

Are you quoting yourself, somehow attempting to refer to yourself in the third person. How droll.

Let me leave you with a favorite quote of mine:

"A word to the thick soul sistas
    I wanna get with ya
    I won&#39;t cus or hit ya
    But I gotta be straight when I say I wanna uh, uh
    Til the break of dawn
    "

Relevant Link

Uh oh, Mom&#39;s coming, gotta hide the tissue and lotion.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #48
    Double Agent
    heh u meant ur wife? right?

9. The Drawing Room   -   #49
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@14 December 2003 - 05:31
    heh u meant ur wife? right?

Yeah, exactly, must have been a typo or something.

Thanks JimmyB&#33;

10. The Drawing Room   -   #50
    Double Agent
    a typo.... lolz

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast