Thread: Wmd Reminder

Poster
    Originally posted by Busyman@14 December 2003 - 03:52

And some appearances can be deceiving
    Deceptive, one would have thought.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #52
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by hobbes@14 December 2003 - 03:49
    With your unique ability to make such revelations do you practice catoptromancy, at all?

By the way, you misspelled "errror", old bean.  Quite ironic and all that!  Is there perchance another reason that it is misspelled, perhaps the key is a bit, umm, sticky, no?

Why, at all, would you think I'm a Greek?

Are you quoting yourself, somehow attempting to refer to yourself in the third person.  How droll.

Let me leave you with a favorite quote of mine:

"A word to the thick soul sistas
    I wanna get with ya
    I won't cus or hit ya
    But I gotta be straight when I say I wanna uh, uh
    Til the break of dawn
    "

Relevant Link

Uh oh, Mom's coming, gotta hide the tissue and lotion.    
    1. No I'm scared of mirrors. I saw myself once and I look horrible.

2. The errror was there for someone to notice the errror. I see YOU noticed. And PERHAPS another reason that it is misspelled.......HEYYY!! HaHa very funny but I am not fat!!!

3. You don't have to be Greek to investigate epistemology or basic assumptions.

4. Busyman thinks Busyman refered to a quote from Busyman because it seemed droll and Busyman likes to be different and laugh sometimes in this staid universe of ours.

5. Yea but those big booties aren't enough to entertain an intellectual brain
    or unlike a stain they won't remain.

6. Don't despond. Just put the tissue up to your nose like you normally do. She'll think you're blowing your nose . ..........Awwwww I'm just kidding. Your mom knows what your doing but it's ok; your getting older and your hormones are raging.........
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. The Drawing Room   -   #53
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Did I start something, hobbes?

Or did you?

Busyman:

I am none of those.

I'm just an old eagle who doesn't get to fly much anymore.

The last person I ever impress is myself, and that hasn't happened since around, oh.....let's see.....
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #54
    Nobody started anything, just good ribbing all around.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #55
    Excellent!
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #56
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    Originally posted by j2k4+13 December 2003 - 21:17--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4 @ 13 December 2003 - 21:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MediaSlayer@13 December 2003 - 08:25
    j2k4 did you HAVE to use a quote from senator byrd to further your republican pool party? c&#39;mon, you don&#39;t wanna get ruffed up do ya? i heard ole&#39; clocker invested in some brass knuckles, MODS i smell a fight&#33; hehe

but seriously, leave byrd alone, he ain&#39;t half bad. here is a speech from march of this year by him called "arrogance of power" it&#39;s good stuff, and it&#39;s sad to see an old man care so much for his country, the country he grew up with, just crumble before his eyes.
    I hope to have time soon to respond more comprehensively to the other posts (I&#39;ve got a project to finish), but I have to take a moment to respond to my southern colleague, MediaSlayer:

The Hon. Robert C. Byrd is a pompous, self-serving poseur of the first order.

He attempts to portray himself as a self-styled "House Historian", and then uses this "credential" in a vain effort to batter others.

He is vanity on parade; literally the only representative extant who can use the expletive "nigger" in the media and not be sent home for his sin.

He is the All-Time Champion of pork-barrel politics, as can be seen any time one enters the state of West Byr....I mean, West Virginia, a state where every speck of dirt is named in his honor.

The man is a joke.

Edit: I will refrain from mentioning his historical connection to the Ku Klux Klan, as to do so would be harping on his past unnecessarily. [/b][/quote]
    omg, i think i&#39;m having a strom thurman moment right now, ooohhhh i&#39;m gonna be sick...... :x :x :x :x :x

back to topic, j2k, the only argument that you presented about byrd that peaked my interest enough to provoke a reply is the one about his racism. southern people hold different values, that perhaps you are unaware of. they are sentimental, they don&#39;t believe in selling out, they are loyal. loyalty to them sometimes means keeping those racist values from times long ago, because they saw the racism as a strength, not as a weakness. they saw it as a way to protect their culture, to keep those good southern values, to keep the tradition. i don&#39;t condone anyone&#39;s racist beliefs, but it is possible to respect someone and admire someone for their integrity, even if they are racist. i appreciate his opinions on the war, what does that have to do with racism? not too much, i think. because this topic was about weapons of mass destruction. so in closing, i disagree, with you on this. i like his views on the war, why it was wrong, so i don&#39;t discredit him in the same way as you do.

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #57
    Originally posted by MediaSlayer@15 December 2003 - 02:30
    southern people hold different values, that perhaps you are unaware of.&nbsp; they are sentimental, they don&#39;t believe in selling out, they are loyal.&nbsp; loyalty to them sometimes means keeping those racist values from times long ago, because they saw the racism as a strength, not as a weakness.&nbsp; they saw it as a way to protect their culture, to keep those good southern values, to keep the tradition.&nbsp; i don&#39;t condone anyone&#39;s racist beliefs, but it is possible to respect someone and admire someone for their integrity, even if they are racist.&nbsp; i appreciate his opinions on the war, what does that have to do with racism?&nbsp; not too much, i think.&nbsp; because this topic was about weapons of mass destruction.&nbsp; so in closing, i disagree, with you on this.&nbsp; i like his views on the war, why it was wrong, so i don&#39;t discredit him in the same way as you do.
    I&#39;m with you 100%, MediaSlayer.

I&#39;ve spent lots of time down your way; I have a middling familiarity with southern "issues", including the flag, etc., and I have complete and utter respect for all the southern-held qualities you cite.

I will not, however, give the Hon. Robert C. Byrd credit for possessing any of them.

He is, as I said before, a pompous ass, and the all-time champ at suckling the government tit.

The largest ego in government today.

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #58
    Originally posted by MediaSlayer+15 December 2003 - 06:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MediaSlayer @ 15 December 2003 - 06:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by j2k4@13 December 2003 - 21:17
    <!--QuoteBegin-MediaSlayer
    @13 December 2003 - 08:25
    j2k4 did you HAVE to use a quote from senator byrd to further your republican pool party? c&#39;mon, you don&#39;t wanna get ruffed up do ya? i heard ole&#39; clocker invested in some brass knuckles, MODS i smell a fight&#33; hehe

but seriously, leave byrd alone, he ain&#39;t half bad. here is a speech from march of this year by him called "arrogance of power" it&#39;s good stuff, and it&#39;s sad to see an old man care so much for his country, the country he grew up with, just crumble before his eyes.

I hope to have time soon to respond more comprehensively to the other posts (I&#39;ve got a project to finish), but I have to take a moment to respond to my southern colleague, MediaSlayer:

The Hon. Robert C. Byrd is a pompous, self-serving poseur of the first order.

He attempts to portray himself as a self-styled "House Historian", and then uses this "credential" in a vain effort to batter others.

He is vanity on parade; literally the only representative extant who can use the expletive "nigger" in the media and not be sent home for his sin.

He is the All-Time Champion of pork-barrel politics, as can be seen any time one enters the state of West Byr....I mean, West Virginia, a state where every speck of dirt is named in his honor.

The man is a joke.

Edit: I will refrain from mentioning his historical connection to the Ku Klux Klan, as to do so would be harping on his past unnecessarily.
    omg, i think i&#39;m having a strom thurman moment right now, ooohhhh i&#39;m gonna be sick...... :x :x :x :x :x

back to topic, j2k, the only argument that you presented about byrd that peaked my interest enough to provoke a reply is the one about his racism. southern people hold different values, that perhaps you are unaware of. they are sentimental, they don&#39;t believe in selling out, they are loyal. loyalty to them sometimes means keeping those racist values from times long ago, because they saw the racism as a strength, not as a weakness. they saw it as a way to protect their culture, to keep those good southern values, to keep the tradition. i don&#39;t condone anyone&#39;s racist beliefs, but it is possible to respect someone and admire someone for their integrity, even if they are racist. i appreciate his opinions on the war, what does that have to do with racism? not too much, i think. because this topic was about weapons of mass destruction. so in closing, i disagree, with you on this. i like his views on the war, why it was wrong, so i don&#39;t discredit him in the same way as you do. [/b][/quote]
    If that be case Media, one could "admire" Hitler for his ability to rally people and forget the racism because he was only trying to protect this so called tradition and culture.
    In most cases it easier to unite when uniting AGAINST something.

Race is one of the most widely used.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. The Drawing Room   -   #59
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    if you re-read what i wrote, i said "admire someone for their integrity, even if they are racist" NOT "admire someone for their integrity, and for their ability to rally people, BECAUSE the are racist" or "admire someone for their integrity, and for their ability to rally people, while forgetting or forgiving their racism"

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #60
    Originally posted by MediaSlayer@23 December 2003 - 05:06
    if you re-read what i wrote, i said "admire someone for their integrity, even if they are racist" NOT "admire someone for their integrity, and for their ability to rally people, BECAUSE the are racist" or "admire someone for their integrity, and for their ability to rally people, while forgetting or forgiving their racism"
    To try to separate a persons racist beliefs from their integrity is nonsensical.

Try this one:
    I admire Hitler&#39;s integrity....but he was racist.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast