Thread: Need Help With Videolan

I have recently downloaded Videolan but can't work out how to preview a partially downloaded movie. When you choose 'simple open' it lets you view the already fully downloaded files, but how do you find the partial one to open?

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    zinc1's Avatar Poster
    When you open the Videolan to browse for files,go to your shared folder.You shoud have your partialy downloaded .Dat files double click on them to View,and they should oplay automatically.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Old Fella
    See how to add Videolan in to tools HERE

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Originally posted by zinc1@13 December 2003 - 10:54
    When you open the Videolan to browse for files,go to your shared folder.You shoud have your partialy downloaded .Dat files double click on them to View,and they should oplay automatically.
    I get it, so the download .dat files that sit in your shared folder are the partial downloads.

If you want to delete them from your PC, is cancelling the download in Kazaa all you have to do or does the already downloaded portion still stay on your hard drive?

Also is there a quick way of telling which file is which? For example i have 4 movies currently downloading and one is at 189kb but none of the four .dat files in my shared folder are showing a size near that?

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by vimto17@13 December 2003 - 15:05
    If you want to delete them from your PC, is cancelling the download in Kazaa all you have to do or does the already downloaded portion still stay on your hard drive?

Also is there a quick way of telling which file is which? For example i have 4 movies currently downloading and one is at 189kb but none of the four .dat files in my shared folder are showing a size near that?
    When you cancel the download, it automatically deletes the .dat file in the shared folder, but sometimes you end up with a 0 sized .dat file, so just delete that.

The amount you have downloaded so far on the client corresponds approximately to the size of the file in the shared folder. If it is a movie file you can copy the .dat file to the desktop or another folder, change the extension to the appropriate one and play using windows media player. This applies to most media files.
    Robert00000