Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Can I Request Some1 To Seed A File

Originally posted by CornerPocket@12 December 2003 - 19:43
    Sometimes you can get lucky and the movie will practically be complete even at 99.8%. Have you tried playing the movie and see if it works? A recommendation given to me since it happend once. Turned out I had the whole movie (-) a small freeze at the end (end credits), but hey no biggie, just edited that portion out. Not saying it will work 100% in all instances but it's a shot worth trying.

or refer to above by NB
    yes sometime but often at 98 or less it is too out of place for it to be even playble.
    dont assume it is complete because its watchable, it's not.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    In fact avi files can play with far less data then 98%.
    The problem is that the Codec header and file index at the begin of file need to be intact for even VideoLan or Avipreview to work. Without those the file can't be played.

With Kazaa a file would be downloaded starting at the beginning of the file, so you'll be able to play quite soon.
    However the way Bittorrent works it grabs packets at randomn from different sources. This often results in you needing a large part of the file before you have the index complete and thus before you can play it.

This is also the reason you can have a bit missing in the middle of a movie if you have an incomplete bittorrent download.

This may seem as a major drawback to bittorrent, but it's also the reason it's one of the fastest p2p-programs around.
    Can't remember a movie's name? Ask help at MovieWorld's Lost & Found

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12