Thread: Klr260 & Kl243

With somewhat mixed feelings I'm running the klr 260. I now am cut off from (almost) all klite users. In one way I see this as a selfish move on my part, yes I'll be able to access the new Kazaa supernodes but also seem to be turning my back on klite users and their nodes. I'm wondering if I might not be able to run klr260 and klite 243 side by side. Assuming I can do that without problems (though I believe I would only be able to run one at a time). This of course is just a theory so feel free to shoot it down all you want. But temporarily anyway I could download files from klr260 and still act as a supernode in kl243. I have to admit I'de like to see us klite users form our own subnetwork, I see this as not only a challenge but mabe auctually feasable. I personally would'nt have a problem leeching off of 260 to keep klite afloat as a temporary solution, if nothing else. I am anxious to see how many klite users % wise is in the kazaa community, how could we find out what that figure really is. We may well be sitting on more power than we are aware of. How many 500,000, 1,000,000? More? Less?

I would very much like to here other peoples views on this subject. Any Ideas, hopes or wants?
    SMARTY SMARTY HAD A PARTY NOBODY CAME BUT SMARTY

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    you cant run two versions of kazaa at the same time, they can be installed at the same time, but not ran at the same time

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Originally posted by Kunal@12 December 2003 - 21:08
    you cant run two versions of kazaa at the same time, they can be installed at the same time, but not ran at the same time
    Okay I'm now running two versions klr260 and klite243 but not at the same time.
    First thought I would add I'm running as a supernode in 243 but in supernode list its showing the wrong state I'm in, New Jersey instead of Kentucky.

Now what is really strange when I'm in klr260 now I'm uploading to klite users. (supreme being/www.kazaalitekpp@kazaa). I'm a little lost here, I thought that was the whole point of 260's supernodes could'nt get accessed by anyone runnning versions prior to 2.5 or2.55 (whatever). My Shared Folder is the same for both. So I can download the same files no matter which version I happen to be running, and I'm downloading from the same user ***@kazaa in each program. WHats up with this.
    SMARTY SMARTY HAD A PARTY NOBODY CAME BUT SMARTY