Thread: Avi's Shrink To The Left Portion Of Monitor

Poster
    I did a search on google and in this forum, but it seems that there is no question like this mentioned that I could find.

I have been trying to view a couple of .avi's, but seconds into them, they snap from full screen to a small feed on the left hand side of the screen or they get pulled and the frames are "twisted". I have the most updated Nimo Codec Pack. I don't think it is a codec issue. What can I do to get these movies to play? I have even installed some new players and they all act the same. Thanks in advanced.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    ShareDaddy's Avatar OLD ShareDaddy
    What movies are they, names and files sizes?

I can see whether or not I have the same movies and then let you know what you need to do to get them to work. This may in fact be a codec issue, the Nimo codec pack sucks in my book, I uninstalled it to clear up some other issues I was having. I am able to watch 700 different movies without a hitch at the moment, I think you may want to install the DIVX total pack alone and see if this clears up your issues.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Poster
    Ok, I do like Total Pack too. Thanks for posting Sharedaddy. The movies in question at the moment are My Big Fat Greek Wedding and Gangs Of NY. I think it may be all of them at the moment. I am able to play them on my computer at the moment, but the problem is on my brothers computer. I will check codecs to be safe. Let me know of any other suggesstions.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Poster
    In addition, I checked my codec scheme and I am also using the same Nimo as him. But in addition, I have a codec pack called DivX 4.11 Codec. Maybe this one is the one that allows me to play and not him. He may need that DivX 4.11 Codec.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Poster
    Just get K-Lite Codec Pack.
    It installs the necessary pack of codecs and doesn't cause any kind of conflicts.
    Hey it even comes with DivX Pro 5.0.3 without the crappy spyware!

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Poster
    Great Datamore, I thought that was just for Kazaa. I will get the pack now.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Poster
    Thanks Datamore. Just for the record, that fixed my problem. Codec all the way. Thanks SD for the input.