Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dwk Needs Help :(

BANNED
    weird but my xp gets stuck during bootup...in the boot screen....but the progress bar doesnt freeze or stop..... it just goes on and on...and the hdd has no activity after 5 seconds of activity...

oh yea i can log in safe mode....

any ideas?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    That happened to me few months back when one of my external hardware was conflicting. What kind of hardware do you have? USB mouse?externall hdd...?etc?

Try taking each one out and restart and by the process of elimination you will know if its a hardware conflicting problem.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    BANNED
    i think i found the problem....

ok i tried booting as "Safe mode with networking"
    and when it tried loading ntoskrnl.exe (i have an idea of what this file is) it told me it was corrupt..... this doesnt happen when you boot as only safe mode....

So i went in safe mode as admin and tried replacing ntoskrnl.exe with ntoskrnl.ex_ (of course, renaming it) from the i386 folder in winxp cd..... and when i tried bootin in safe mode with network.... it not only doesnt load ntoskrnl.exe....but freezes at Mup.sys.... i already went back to the "original" ntoskrnl.exe but its not working

any idea on how to replace this file with the original?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    you also have to replace the dll chache version aswell i think.

search for all ntoskrnl.exe on your system and replace them all, or windows will use the old one.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    BANNED
    problem is..... there are no ntoskrnl.exe in the winxp cd...only ntoskrnl.ex_ (notice the underscore there....) so im not sure wtf.... im looking in winxp site right now....

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    skelley521's Avatar puter ghost
    Try and trace your tacks since you last restarted, any and all software or hardware that you may have installed.
    Do you have any restore points set??
    My friend had a simular problem and somehow his IDE connector to his hard drive came loose. He thinks he may have bumped it a few weeks ago when he installed a new stick of ram.

Just a few points,
    Steve

edit: sp, too many brews....lol

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    BANNED
    actually.... a friend of mine came by with a hard drive of his own and we put it in my pc so i copied him some movies i had.... .... and in the bios all drives are detected ok....

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Try this,

Insert and boot from your WindowsXP CD, at the first screen choose
    R=Repair option, press the R key
    Press the number that corresponds to the correct location for the installation of
    Windows you want to repair. Typically this will be #1
    Change to the drive that has the CD ROM.
    CD i386

expand ntkrnlmp.ex_ C:&#092;Windows&#092;System32&#092;ntoskrnl.exe

If WindowsXP is installed in a different location, just make the necessary change
    to C:&#092;Windows
    Take out the CD ROM and type exit
    That is an excerpt from another forum saying a similar problem. here is the link with all the responses, that might help you as well.
    ntoskrnl.exe

hope this helps,
    I.am
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    BANNED
    sniff

"Unable to create file ntkmlmp.exe"

why the hell is it trying to creat ntkmlmp.exe instead of ntoskrnl.exe

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    BANNED
    lol same problem those guys have

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast