Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Official Installer For Edonkey2000 & Overnet

Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    maybe you should have run spybot/adaware BEFORE installing overnet/edonkey2000, to make sure you didn't already have it on your pc, they don't install any 3rd party stuff if you dont select it in the setup.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    BANNED
    no it does not boss you got something going on with your pc or something else you installed, i have no idea what you are talking about, i wouldn't tell you to use it if it was full of spyware and crap, belive me there is nothing in it for me i run all kinds of ad/spyware on my pc daily just to make sure and overnet is clean

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Poster
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@25 December 2003 - 16:59
    no it does not boss you got something going on with your pc or something else you installed, i have no idea what you are talking about, i wouldn't tell you to use it if it was full of spyware and crap, belive me there is nothing in it for me i run all kinds of ad/spyware on my pc daily just to make sure and overnet is clean
    If you don't belive me then OK! I don't care! But when I tested this, I carefully looked at the content of my C:\Program Files and then I install Overnet and found the appliactions I mentioned in my main topic. And there aren't something strange about my PC!

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Originally posted by Tmpj@13 December 2003 - 17:48
    I just discovered, that even though you deselect alot all 4 of the bundled adversting applications (New.Net...) you still get crab installed on your PC.

Its something called FlashTrack (C:\Program Files\Flt) & eZula.

It simply is very disapointing for my taste!

LET IT BE CLEAR, The text above reffers to the official eDonkeyHybrid & Overnet clients, witch is available at http://www.edonkey2000.com/ & http://www.overnet.com/
    small price to pay if you want to use the program i guess B)

if you go to slyck.com and check out there reviews there, it clearly says the edonkey comes bundled with adware/spyware...

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by DVD PIRATE III+26 December 2003 - 00:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DVD PIRATE III @ 26 December 2003 - 00:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Tmpj@13 December 2003 - 17:48
    I just discovered, that even though you deselect alot all 4 of the bundled adversting applications (New.Net...) you still get crab installed on your PC.

Its something called FlashTrack (C:&#092;Program Files&#092;Flt) & eZula.

It simply is very disapointing for my taste&#33;

LET IT BE CLEAR, The text above reffers to the official eDonkeyHybrid & Overnet clients, witch is available at http://www.edonkey2000.com/ & http://www.overnet.com/
    small price to pay if you want to use the program i guess B)

if you go to slyck.com and check out there reviews there, it clearly says the edonkey comes bundled with adware/spyware... [/b][/quote]
    I know, but still, the installation claims that it doesn&#39;t install adware/spyware if not selected by user.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    BANNED
    ok i don&#39;t know how else to tell you this, so i tell you what as soon as you can tell me how after runnnig adawere and spysweeper and cleaning my pc on daily basis, overnet still works and my spy software is not reporting shit, i will continure this discussion, untill then enjoy your theory because thats all it is.

i mean why are those not in my program files??? is it i have no doubt you have what you say you have, what i&#39;m trying to say is if you choose the right things to install there should not be any ad/spyware there

i mean did you install everything that came with it and was checked?????????

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Poster
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@26 December 2003 - 12:06
    ok i don&#39;t know how else to tell you this, so i tell you what as soon as you can tell me how after runnnig adawere and spysweeper and cleaning my pc on daily basis, overnet still works and my spy software is not reporting shit, i will continure this discussion, untill then enjoy your theory because thats all it is.

i mean why are those not in my program files??? is it i have no doubt you have what you say you have, what i&#39;m trying to say is if you choose the right things to install there should not be any ad/spyware there

i mean did you install everything that came with it and was checked?????????
    When I installed Overnet I did uncheck all of the crab. And I still found spyware. OK, if you don&#39;t belive it be my guest I don&#39;t care.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    BANNED
    just trying to point out that if overnet gave it to you then i should have it too right?? so were is my spyware???

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Poster
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@26 December 2003 - 16:33
    just trying to point out that if overnet gave it to you then i should have it too right?? so were is my spyware???
    Try to take a look at the Add- or Remove Programs list and look for eZula, that one is installed by the Overnet installer. Incl. look for a folder in C:&#092;Program Files named Flt that is installed by Overnet.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Poster
    Originally posted by Tmpj+26 December 2003 - 16:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tmpj @ 26 December 2003 - 16:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MUSLEMAN@26 December 2003 - 16:33
    Try to take a look at the Add- or Remove Programs list and look for eZula, that one is installed by the Overnet installer. Incl. look for a folder in C:&#092;Program Files named Flt that is installed by Overnet. [/b][/quote]
    I have used Overnet for ages and have never had any spyware installed.Maybe yours is from another program.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast