Thread: I Need A Little Help With Inno Setup

Poster
    I'm trying to learn a little bit about this cool little fellow!
    I got a little problem too, lets say that we have these lines:

Code:
    Source: "C:\MyApp\MyApp.exe"; DestDir: "{app}"; Flags: ignoreversion
    Source: "C:\MyApp\1\*.*"; DestDir: "{app}\1"; Flags: ignoreversion recursesubdirs
    Source: "C:\MyApp\2\*.*"; DestDir: "{app}\2"; Flags: ignoreversion recursesubdirs
    Source: "C:\MyApp\3\*.*"; DestDir: "{app}\3"; Flags: ignoreversion recursesubdirs
    Source: "C:\MyApp\4\*.*"; DestDir: "{app}\4"; Flags: ignoreversion recursesubdirs
    After that I want the installer to create an empty dir called 5, how do I do that?

And let it be said, I've already tryed Google.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    I haven't used it yet.
    Not sure but this might help you empty dir
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    I need a little more assistance for my little project.

In the "Select Components" section, I need to add a components witch adds some registry keys to the registry. How is that done? I need both the code for the component itself and to make it available in the select section.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Use Istools, its a addon for inno setup that makes it childs play B)

Oh yeh and for dir 5

Code:
    Source&#58; &#34;C&#58;&#092;MyApp&#092;myapp2&#092;*.*&#34;; DestDir&#58; &#34;{app}&#092;5&#34;; Flags&#58; ignoreversion recursesubdirs

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by I.am+13 December 2003 - 20:02--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (I.am &#064; 13 December 2003 - 20:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I haven&#39;t used it yet.
    Not sure but this might help you empty dir [/b]

Thanks for the link I.am,
    It didn&#39;t directly help me, but it lead me to the right page in the Help file&#33;

<!--QuoteBegin-Kunal
    @18 December 2003 - 20:02
    Use Istools, its a addon for inno setup that makes it childs play&nbsp; B)

Oh yeh and for dir 5

Code:
    Source&#58; &#34;C&#58;&#092;MyApp&#092;myapp2&#092;*.*&#34;; DestDir&#58; &#34;{app}&#092;5&#34;; Flags&#58; ignoreversion recursesubdirs
    [/quote]
    Thanks Kunal,
    I&#39;ll play around with that IsTool thingy&#33;
    Looks really nice.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Read the help file&#33; It&#39;s all in there.

Code:
    &#91;Dirs&#93; 
    Name&#58; &#34;{app}&#092;5&#34;

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    I&#39;ve just run into another problem, when you are having componenets witch the user can select from, I need to have the dropdown menu (Full installation, Compact installation, Custom installation) disabled/removed like in the installation for KaZaA Lite K++ 2.4.3

And yes, I&#39;ve already searched Google MANY times, and searched the help file&#33;

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Please guys, I&#39;ve tryed to find an option for it in IsTool, and searched the Inno Setup help file a lot of times, plus searched Google a million times.