Thread: Download Stops At 16384kb

Not sure if anyone has seen this, but I have several downloads that stopped at 16384Kb. I was downloading, quite happily, from a single peer and the first 5 were fine, but the other 8 all stopped at 16384Kb. I found 6 others in my list that stopped there also. Can anyone give me an idea as to what would cause this? I am on a DSL line and can usually reach 20+ speeds.

Also I have found that several of my files when they don't finnish, they almost never find another source to complete from. I've got files that have been searching for 4 weeks. I switch wupernodes, I search for the files again, but it doesn't seem to help.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

IKY

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    It may be because of lack of space on your HD. Free some space and see if it helps.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    Your KL++ is probably running in a firewalled mode due to either Win XP's built-in firewall that you didn't give KL++ full access through, a 3rd party firewall program such as Norton's firwall software or McAfee, you have your internet conection plugged into a router, OR your ISP has firewalled Kazaa traffic.

All but the last one have complete fixes or workarounds.

Barring that, it is also possible that the sources you are trying are ALL firewalled sources and you're jumping (or THEY'RE jumping) supernodes TOO often. Usually all you have to do to avoid jumping supernodes yourself is stop ASM in searches and don't tell KL++ to find more sources on lots of files at once.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Harddrive space is plenty, I do have my internet connection plugged into a router, but I allowed the Kazaa port to be passed through. Also on Zone Alarm I passed the same port. The only thing I don't see is winXP's fiewall and I don't have it enabled so is that still a problem. As far as my ISP, I have other downloads that make it into the 100's of megabytes. Also I am using K-nat to help with the router problems. Could there be anything else??

IKY

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    Follow the rest of answers but as for your 16384Kb, this is the biggest you can get in one chunk off of a source(s) after this you start your next chunk if the sources are there and you can get a "lock" on to one(s) if not you end up with more sources needed.
    Don't forget if they are new files if can take a while I had one which took 3 days to connect jumping supernodes does help I do it all the time.
    I also find that the more you have going at the same time the harder it is to get ANY going try pausing a few and see how it goes.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Thanks, I think that I just had too many trying to download at once. I will be cancelling and restarting the list a few at a time. B)

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by Icabod36@12 December 2003 - 23:55
    Thanks, I think that I just had too many trying to download at once. I will be cancelling and restarting the list a few at a time. B)
    Try pausing some instead of cancelling.

Also use K-Dat to see if any of your unfinished files are full of unreachable sources.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    Switeck now thats another good point I had over 400 users once so KaZaa was taking ages to go around them all so I opened K-Dat (with KaZaa not running) and whacked all but 3 you have to leave some or you will lose your file,after this I was away again its not like it was you have to do some work now along with supernode jumping.
    A good point my friend.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by cwctv@13 December 2003 - 11:25
    (...)I had over 400 users once(...)
    .DAT files can store up to 150 sources
    And you don&#39;t have to delete "all" of them, remove the <Not Stored> and low transfer sources.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Poster
    Well spotted Atumn Fox should have have been 140, its no good I&#39;ll have to read it in future before posting.