Thread: Playstation2 With Network Adapter

My brother has a PS2 with the broadband network adapter. The current hook up is our cable line goes to the modem, the modem goes to a router, which splits the connection to the computer and the PS2. This is a problem because we have cords everywhere and he can only play online when nobody else is watching the TV in our family room. So he wants to get a wireless connection to his PS2. Is this possible? If it is, I was thinking about getting a wireless router, but the only problem is, if we replace our current router with a wireless one, our computer won't have internet access because it is not wireless enabled.
    Can we do this: Go modem to regular router->have one end go to computer, other end go to the wireless router? So basically, can I have two routers?

Thanks for any info.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    SciManAl's Avatar Hardware guy
    here mang, this is what you want...

The shiznackle

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    you can get a wireless nic card for your computer.

and y cant he play game when ppl is watching tv? is he using the same tv? or am i not unerstanding something

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    oops.. here a wireless router, with a hard wire router in it

http://d-link.com/products/?pid=274#

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    you can get a wireless nic card for your computer.
    I could, but we don't want to buy extra stuff. Could I just do regular router to wirless router like I originally planned?

and y cant he play game when ppl is watching tv? is he using the same tv? or am i not unerstanding something
    Right now, the only time he can play online is when the PS2 is in the family room. This is because the computer is in the same room, and we run a ethernet cord from the router to his PS2. But when someone wants to watch TV in the room, he gets booted out (this happens frequently). What he wants to do is get the wireless stuff so he can play in his room upstairs. I'm assuming he'll need a pretty powerful wireless router/reciever for it to go upstairs.

So I need a wireless router and a bridge right? Thanks for the links.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    get both of those.. then get rid of the router you have now (not the modem ie cable/adsl) and hook it all up, then you are done...

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by mojo2185@14 December 2003 - 01:29
    I could, but we don't want to buy extra stuff. Could I just do regular router to wirless router like I originally planned?

the wireless nic card is like 20 dollars for a cheap one. beats having 2 firewall for your comp imo