Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Ritalin

Originally posted by Ozbabe+14 December 2003 - 09:58--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ozbabe &#064; 14 December 2003 - 09:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by hobbes@14 December 2003 - 15:44
    Originally posted by Ozbabe@14 December 2003 - 09:36
    <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes
    @14 December 2003 - 15:22
    Yes, as is autism.

Some of these conditions appear particularly in very intelligent families. The problem is not about intelligence/stupidity, but rather something else.

It is quite like the expression that there is a thin line between genious and insanity.

You&#39;re very right there hobbes...

I personally think its too easy for doc&#39;s to prescribe medication,
    parents need to ask for alternatives because they are available..

Ozbabe,

You cannot sure cure with schizophrenia with hugs.

You can&#39;t cure it with anything actually, you can just minimize it&#39;s symptoms.

You can cure maina and depression with drugs, just as you can cure ADHD in some cases with Ritalin.
    I didnt think we were talking schizophrenia, mania or depression.. wasnt the subject to do with Ritalin and ADHD?..

and wtf has hugs got to do with it?..

you CAN treat ADHD without Ritalin&#33;... [/b][/quote]
    Same basic problem, a chemical imbalance. Some, fortunately, resolve on their own.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

2. Lounge   -   #52
    muchspl2
    yes other things that work, keep trying

3. Lounge   -   #53
    ok, i thought i had what i needed, but i dont...

ritalin treats add, and adhd.

add: you have a problem with paying attetion

adhd: you have a problem with paying attention, and are hyper

Ritalin has no effect on IQ or academic achievement

i can understand the no effect on IQ, but academic achievement? I thought ritalin makes it so you can pay attention easier, so you do good in school....so im confused as to if that is right or wrong, the academic achievement part.

4. Lounge   -   #54
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by hobbes@14 December 2003 - 08:58
    Sorry Arm, maybe you have/had a different condition. One person does not dictate medical practice.

Behavioral problems open up a new chest of possibilities.
    Or maybe I don&#39;t need any bullshit drugs that make me feel worse inside. My mom and those fucking school people(who all should all be tortured to death) claim it did help me do better but I don&#39;t see that. All I see is constantly getting in trouble, being put into special classrooms and eventually, special schools(aka, retard schools).

I see my mon taking me to a bunch of dumbass shrinks that don&#39;t know shit and all they did was embezzled my mom out of money. She might as well have taken me to Dr. Phil.

5. Lounge   -   #55
    Honey's Avatar unbreakable
    feeling for you arm...

dont be too hard on your Mum though, she only did what most people do..

they trust their doctors to do the right thing...

and unfortunately even doctors arent always right&#33;..

6. Lounge   -   #56
    muchspl2
    word
    you have to know she wants the best for you
    sounds like you don&#39;t have a open communication with her, try talking to her and be prepared to be surprised

7. Lounge   -   #57
    Poster
    Originally posted by Arm+14 December 2003 - 02:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Arm @ 14 December 2003 - 02:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@14 December 2003 - 08:58
    Sorry Arm, maybe you have/had a different condition.&nbsp; One person does not dictate medical practice.

Behavioral&nbsp; problems open up a new chest of possibilities.
    Or maybe I don&#39;t need any bullshit drugs that make me feel worse inside. My mom and those fucking school people(who all should all be tortured to death) claim it did help me do better but I don&#39;t see that. All I see is constantly getting in trouble, being put into special classrooms and eventually, special schools(aka, retard schools).

I see my mon taking me to a bunch of dumbass shrinks that don&#39;t know shit and all they did was embezzled my mom out of money. She might as well have taken me to Dr. Phil. [/b][/quote]
    You could try not being a narcisistic little fuck and work on your behaviour. Maybe you&#39;d save your mom a buck or two since you and I both know what your problem is. Nothing a quality shitkicking wouldn&#39;t cure

It&#39;s more fun having people feel sorry for you though isn&#39;t it.

8. Lounge   -   #58
    muchspl2
    shakes fist at balamm

thats my excuse & I&#39;m sticking to it

9. Lounge   -   #59
    BANNED
    Originally posted by colt45joe@14 December 2003 - 18:06
    i can understand the no effect on IQ, but academic achievement? I thought ritalin makes it so you can pay attention easier, so you do good in school....so im confused as to if that is right or wrong, the academic achievement part.
    Ritalin calms you down, it does not necessarily increase your attention span, so does not always help with your academic achievements.

Try Googling info on ADD&#092;ADHD, look for other treatments, even sound therapy is available now. Although I&#39;m no advocate of it, you can also try aromatherapy, it&#39;s a fact that some smells can have a calming effect on people.

Also, try to get it out of your mind that there is something "wrong" with you, there isn&#39;t. You may have a slight chemical inbalance, this should sort itself out around your age, look for other sources of whatever you are deficient in. Your goal has to be to get off this medication.

10. Lounge   -   #60
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Ritalin does NOT calm you down. If makes you feel very tense and uptight. Why don&#39;t you morons who don&#39;t know shit or have never been on Ritalin go take some and see how it feels?

ADD/ADHD doesn&#39;t exist. It was some bullshit crafted by pharmaceutifal companies to sell their drugs with side effects worse then the original problem. All parents who shove those drugs down kids throats should be shot.

The more stupid Americans who die the better.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast