Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Flashing Bios

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    if u havn't heard me talking b4, i cant change the fsb:ram ratio or vcore voltage or anything. my bios is all fucked up. if i flash bios, would i solve the prob? cuz i have the boot disk ready for flashing the bios, just need to know if it will work. thanks

EDIT: here's a link to my mobo:
    http://www.cptech.com.tw/page2/productlist...&sn=87&temp1=49

and my bios is:
    made by pheonix tech.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Abu, before flashing have you tried reseting your cmos? and do you know if the new bios can do this?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by Kunal@14 December 2003 - 11:11
    Abu, before flashing have you tried reseting your cmos? and do you know if the new bios can do this?
    i've done that. resetting cmos only resets ur bios to default. it's doesn't really solve this prob though

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Try getting a new button-cell battery, for the CMOS Chip.

Usually when settings don't get saved this is the prob.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by SnnY@14 December 2003 - 10:12

Usually when settings don't get saved this is the prob.
    I don't think the problem is that Abu is losing settings, it's that he can't access the settings he needs to OC.

Abu, do you know if the upgraded BIOS will enable the settings you seek?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by clocker+14 December 2003 - 18:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker &#064; 14 December 2003 - 18:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SnnY@14 December 2003 - 10:12

Usually when settings don&#39;t get saved this is the prob.
    I don&#39;t think the problem is that Abu is losing settings, it&#39;s that he can&#39;t access the settings he needs to OC.

Abu, do you know if the upgraded BIOS will enable the settings you seek? [/b][/quote]
    Oh he&#39;s doing oc&#39;s or something then?

Sometimes to enable the right settings, you may have to unlock something on the cpu, make a mod on the hardware, has this been done?

Lynx is the expert at these things I think, I haven&#39;t done anything like it in quite a while.

EDit: wording

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by SnnY@14 December 2003 - 10:43

Sometimes to enable the right settings, you may have to unlock something on the cpu, make a mod on the hardware, has this been done?

Abu runs Intel stuff...not my area at all, so I don&#39;t know.

With my AMD board/chip, all the settings he wants are right out in the open in BIOS. No hardware trickery at all....

Heeheehee...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    lynx's Avatar .
    I don&#39;t know that board so I can&#39;t really help, and there&#39;s no manual on the site to look at.

I think it is unlikely that a bios upgrade will suddenly make the options available - either they will already be there or they won&#39;t. Bios upgrades are usually for bug fixes or to support more processors, not improved features on the board itself.

Abu, it may be that the features you are looking for are already present, but not described as you might be expecting. If you make a note of the bios pages related to memory and cpu timing and post the details (or scan the manual pages relating to bios setup if you&#39;ve got them) it may be possible to help you.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    well, under bios settings, there 3 things: 1 says fox ... 2: fox ... 3. foxspeed where i can change clock speed

in adv bios settings, theres a bunch of stuff bout 1st boot and 2nd boot and stuff, and nothing about ratios or voltages.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    so will flashing bios fix my prob?

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast